Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By warren_S3
  • 1 Post By Kelza

Thread: 19" for my Silver S3

1st Gear

Status

Cool 19" for my Silver S3

Hey Guys,

I am thinking about some new wheels because I am getting coilovers and a new set of tyres at the end of the month anyway. I would have to dip in to my savings but I would quite like winter and summer wheels.

What do you all think about these BBS:

Any alternatives my fellow forum members would like to suggest would be appreciated...

Thanks,
    Craig
    Audi S3 8P3 | Milltek TBE | AmD Stage2 | H&R ARBs | Bilstein B14 Coilovers | Sachs Racing Clutch

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    They look amazing!

I think they would great on the A3!

Status
    Nom nom

Yup, liking those. It's hard not to like a bit of BBS as a VAG-fan.
    A3_Black_Edition likes this.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks. The cost is what is putting me off though. I was planning on spending £600 on 4 new tyres. This would be £1500 for the wheels plus another £1000 for the tyres!

I am trying to justify to myself buying them now. I really want to see them on a similar car first though...
    Audi S3 8P3 | Milltek TBE | AmD Stage2 | H&R ARBs | Bilstein B14 Coilovers | Sachs Racing Clutch

Status
    Try and get a wheel and tyre deal, even if you have to get lesser tyres (like Toyo's) out the box. Toyos are being fitted by Audi to TT-S as default tyre at the moment so they cant be total shyte.

I've never seen those on an A3, you'll have to get someone with PS to shop them for you. If you asked Red DejaVu really nicely he might do it for you as he's very good with PS.

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

Neutral

Status
    Only comment i would have is they look great...... but think of the cleaning, are they reasonable to keep clean i've had wheels in the past that looked the dogs but were a nightmare to clean and keep clean, so now i'll always view wheels with keeping them clean in mind

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by xanderxxx View Post
    Only comment i would have is they look great...... but think of the cleaning, are they reasonable to keep clean i've had wheels in the past that looked the dogs but were a nightmare to clean and keep clean, so now i'll always view wheels with keeping them clean in mind
    Rotors have to be one of the easiest wheels to clean I've ever owned, but a good wheel sealant does take a lot of strain out of the cleaning job if you can put the effort in to top it up once everyy 3 months or so.

Banana Menace!

Status
    They're gorgeous wheels! I have seen them for sale, but never actually seen them on an A3/S3 before. You can't go far wrong with any BBS wheel TBH. Go for it! I've been pricing up 225/35/19 tyres for my new 19's and have seen Uniroyal Rainsports for £138, Falken FK452's for £110 and Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric's for £157 a corner, to name a few. There are some good deals to be had at the mo for mid range and premium tyres. xx
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paullie View Post
    Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric's for £157 a corner, to name a few. There are some good deals to be had at the mo for mid range and premium tyres. xx
    I was going to get Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 235/40/18 anyway for my current wheels. When I look to buy these as a package they say the correct tyre size is 235/40/19 and that size seems much more expensive....

I really have no idea which size is best with these wheels or how best to find out? Any advice would be welcomed...

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by xanderxxx View Post
    Good point. But they do look so awesome!

4th Gear

Status
    You might struggle with rubbing if you go for 235's on the 19" wheels, especially as you're going lower.
    2006 A3 3.2 DSG
    Quattro S-Line
    Phantom black pearl
    V Maxx plus coilovers
    Speedlines- anthricite
    MY11 rear lights
    MK2 TT Vents
    Various LED's
    MK2 RNSE
    LaminX on fogs

For Sale Genuine Audi phone cradle (iPhone 4S/4)

Status
    235/40/19.

not seen that combo before.

I run 235/35/19's (with 1974mm rolling circumference) after changing from factory 225/40/18 (1943mm RC), but some run 225/35/19's (1952mm RC) when they go up an inch which is closer to the rolling circumference of the 18" OEM's .

I find the extra the 235's slightly comfier on the road.

Jen – Juicy Detailing

Status
    I was looking at these ones a few weeks ago, think they also come in anthracite which would look good on silver too

Authorised Sponsor of Audi-Sport.net with exclusive offers for members

2012 8P3 AKA The Green Goblin in Exclusive Java Green, Stage 1 Shark bite

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy Jen View Post
    I was looking at these ones a few weeks ago, think they also come in anthracite which would look good on silver too
    I agree, but it looks like CX-R might be a no go, especially with the car lowered. The BBS CX-R largest offset is ET35, so I think the closest to working for my car would be:

19x8.5 ET35 5x112

I don't think that can work for me as the wheel will stick out too much and I guess that will increase the chance of it rubbing (I am dropping the car 30mm at the front and 25mm at the back). I will not go for a tyre smaller than 225 width. I have this alternative:

BBS CH-R @ £1561.81 for the set (no tyres) - I have concerns they are not geniune though as the BBS site says this model is only available in 20". I am choosing these over 'CH' as they are lighter even though they are more expensive.

Finish: Satin Black
    Size: 19x8.5, 19x9, 19x9.5, 19x10.5, 19x11, 19x12
    Offset: 32, 40, 25, 48, 51, 20, 35, 56, 45
    Bolt Pattern: 5/120, 5/112, 5/130

BBS CH-R 19" Alloy Wheels - Satin Black | Direct Alloys

Anyone know for sure how I can find out the offsets, etc. I can use for my car - will it be in the manual?

Banana Menace!

Status
    You really don't want to go with any lower an offset than ET48 on an 19x8.5J wheel (with 225/35/19 tyres) if your car is lowered. At the moment I am running 18x8J with ET44 (225/40/18) and even these rub every now and again (with the wheel arch screws removed). I had 19x8.5J ET35 BBS CK's on my last car with 235/35/19's, but this set up would not work on the A3/S3, ..rub, rub, RUB! xx

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add pinterovski on Facebook
    Sorry for hijacking the thread but tell me,am i going to have some rubbing issues
    with 19's 8.5J ET45 and 225 35 19 tyres?
    I'm on KW V3 but currently setup is preety much the same like on H&R springs.
    Cheers!
    Black roof,Tinted windows,Solar Orange Calipers,KW V3 Coilovers,
    HEKO Wind Deflectors,CAI ITG Maxogen,Non Res Supersprint Exhaust CB with custom Fi76mm DP,
    RevD with GFB DV+,Autotech HPFP,Custom SKN map Stage2,Forge ShortShifter,THS mounts,
    Twintercooler,Clutch is now on LOBA/SACHS!!!
    18 OZ Ultraleggera!
    365HP and 500NM of torque!

Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!

Status
    They are a nice wheel and like others have said, you can't really go wrong with BBS. However, for me, these are leaning towards the generic side of things. It's been done before I know, but coloured CH's or CK's would look great against the Silver.

I ran 19" CK's on my S3 down 25mm on H&R's and needed to run a 215/35/19 with the ET44 of the CK's. 225's would work, but you'd need to fine tune the drop to ensure little or no rubbing.

Have a look around though as anthracite CK's in 19" guise can be had brand new for a vastly reduced price than when I bought them. Caused me no end of grief when I was trying to sell them on. Awesome GTI have them at a respectable price. Just my tuppence.
    2010 Sprint Blue S3 Black Edition - Buckets & BBS CH Black's
    2008 Ibis White S3
    2006 Brilliant Black 2.0T S-Line Special Edition

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoS3 View Post
    They are a nice wheel and like others have said, you can't really go wrong with BBS. However, for me, these are leaning towards the generic side of things. It's been done before I know, but coloured CH's or CK's would look great against the Silver.
    CH-R in Satin Black doesn't count as coloured?

I ran 19" CK's on my S3 down 25mm on H&R's and needed to run a 215/35/19 with the ET44 of the CK's. 225's would work, but you'd need to fine tune the drop to ensure little or no rubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by RicoS3 View Post
    Have a look around though as anthracite CK's in 19" guise can be had brand new for a vastly reduced price than when I bought them. Caused me no end of grief when I was trying to sell them on. Awesome GTI have them at a respectable price. Just my tuppence.
    Thanks I will do. I like anthracite, but I was thinking black with thin silver rim would look better, especially as I could get the mirrors wrapped black and a black grille to match...

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paullie View Post
    You really don't want to go with any lower an offset than ET48 on an 19x8.5J wheel (with 225/35/19 tyres) if your car is lowered. At the moment I am running 18x8J with ET44 (225/40/18) and even these rub every now and again (with the wheel arch screws removed). I had 19x8.5J ET35 BBS CK's on my last car with 235/35/19's, but this set up would not work on the A3/S3, ..rub, rub, RUB! xx
    May be I should stick with 18" then...

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    May be I should stick with 18" then...

Don't be put off getting yourself some 19's, Cheese. You can get certain BBS in 19x8 ET50 fitment, which you can run on 235/35/19 tyres and these shouldn't rub, even when lowered a little. I know the CH's come in that fitment, but not sure about others. For looks 19's are unbeatable, there's no doubt about it! You only have to look at Rico's beautiful Black Edition CH's to see that, lol! xx

Status
    Can confirm 19's with ET50 and 235/35/19's don't rub. With a 5mm spacer they do (with no rear screw in)

Was thinking of switching the 5mm spacer for a Forge 3mm, but I'm not sure a 3mm spacer is worth the effort!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    Can confirm 19's with ET50 and 235/35/19's don't rub. With a 5mm spacer they do (with no rear screw in)

Was thinking of switching the 5mm spacer for a Forge 3mm, but I'm not sure a 3mm spacer is worth the effort!
    What function does the screw have if it can simple be removed?

events moderator

Status
    What function does the screw have if it can simple be removed?
    the screw is the rear bumper fixing , its in the gap between the quarter and the bumper you remove this as it sticks out causing rubbing when lowered or low offset here is a picy of the location of said screw
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!

Status
    CH-R in Satin Black doesn't count as coloured?
    It does, but I didn't question whether CH-R in Satin Black were coloured or not. CH-R's are a mighty fine wheel, but you will pay more than for CH which will always work.

Again, only my opinion and although I have Black Edition CH's and love them, you lose a lot of the detail of the wheel in dark colours. It's hard to pick out/see how aggressive a design the CH's are in any of my pics as the wheel is so dark. Anthracite is a better colour. Just as well CH-R's come in both eh?
    2010 Sprint Blue S3 Black Edition - Buckets & BBS CH Black's
    2008 Ibis White S3
    2006 Brilliant Black 2.0T S-Line Special Edition

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Not really feeling those, CHs or CKs are the better choice, in gunmetal/anthracite/grey ADL against the silver.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Not really feeling those, CHs or CKs are the better choice, in gunmetal/anthracite/grey ADL against the silver.
    I like the CH-R in anthracite. The cheapest I can find them is £1669:
    Buy 19 Inch BBS CH-R Anthracite Alloy Wheels | 19 inch Alloys | BBS Alloys

I could get them with Toyos for £2229, which isn't so bad. If I got a decent set of tyres I would still be looking at about £2500.

They are 19x8.5" 5x112 ET48 so I think they should fit OK (from Warren's comments we know ET50 don't rub) but then I also wanted to drop 30mm at the front and 25mm drop at the back.

I was also thinking about MTM Bimoto in anthracitebut it seems these are very heavy so not the best choice, although I think they look good.

I think I maybe talking myself in to it because if I don't do it now I will have to wait until next year as I will have to wear out a whole new set of tyres first!

Status

Now your talking....
    FranA3 likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Hi Guys

PM me for prices on BBS wheels as I am a dealer and can offer forum discounts.

Rob

5th Gear

Status

5th Gear

Status
    Cheese - PM me for a price on the CH R's as I got the 2012 dealer info yesterday

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    The CH-Rs are decent looking wheels, look good in 20s on that RS3.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for everyone's help on this. I have narrowed it down to two similarly priced options now and thought I would create a poll:
    TTRS 19" GREY or BBS CH-R ANTHRACITE 19"?

I need to make a decision soon as I want the wheels to arrive before w/c 20th February so they can be fitted at the same time as my uprated clutch (needs to happen soon - it is slipping badly!) and coilovers.