Audi A3 Newbie - S-Line Questions

jayorme

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

After owning a 2001 Audi A4 Sport for 12 Months I have recently switched to a Lava Grey 2003 Audi TDi Sport (8P Chassis) and have a few questions :)

1) I've Just picked the car up from the bodyshop where they fitted a 2007 Bonnet and S-Line Bumper. All went well apart from the Fogs which they said has different connections? I now have lights on the dash because of this.. Anyone know which part no I need to order for the correct fitment. The original sport bumper also had fogs.

2) I've also just purchased some 18" S Line RS6 Alloys.. Will my bolts from the Sport Alloys (17") still fit ok?

Will be adding before and after Pics when I add the alloys at the weekend.

Oh.. Finally if anyones local to Manchester and wants my old alloys for £50 let me know.. Car went through an MOT at the beginning of January so I know the tyres were ok then.. Will check them tomorrow.

Cheers
Jay

1. I purchased the following parts to fit the fogs.

Repair wire x 2 - part number 000 979 244E
Fog plugs x 2 - part number for the pair 3D0 941 165A

The repair wires aren't actually necessary if care is taken when removing the original fogs.

2. The bolts will be fine if the new wheels are OEM. If they're replicas you'll need to change the bolts as I believe they will be like aftermarket wheels where the bolt seating is different.

Also, I'm sure you'll get more than £50 for the standard sport wheels. Atleast I hope so as I'll be selling mine soon!

I would too like a brief description on how to change the fogs either with or without the repair wires doesn't have to be a full write up just something to go on thanks.

Cheers Indy

Trip to Audi tomorrow I think

I'll check the conditions of the Tyres before popping my Alloys in the For Sale Section.

Jay

Sorry Guys..

Cant Post in Parts as I've not posted enough as yet

Checked My Alloys today and there as below:

225-45-17 Tyres

2 x Pirelli's 3mm
1 x Goodyear 4mm
1 x Pirelli 5mm

These are estimates only as I dont have the tools to check. The car went through its MOT in January

Alloys do have scuffs and scratches on the faces of the front alloys

Look respectible enough on the car which has been looked after

After £80 to be picked up ASAP as I have no storage for them.. Will go onto Ebay this weekend as well

Also car does not wobble at any speed on the motorway

I am in Manchester. Reason for Sale.. Purchased 18" RS6 Alloys for Car

FrontSide.jpg

Cheers
Jay