2008 A3 base to sport or facelift??

harvz

Reaction score
Hi got a base A3 no fogs ect its 2008 prefacelift...

Just got hit and run on the wing, so need to find a replacement wing from scrapyard

As i am spending money, thought it would be a good time to swap the front end from the boring base look to a sport look (bumpers,grille ect)

Or would a facelift be possible as u i have read the wings need replacing to do this ( and i am needing new wing anyway). Cant find a propper post of a 2008 prefacelift to 2009 facelift.

Would be good to get some detailed responses on when changing these parts what difficulties may arise and how difficult this is???

Dont skip on the detail, bumper clips ect wanna know everything before i go on this mission

Also what is the best option?? convert to sport or go for the facelift??

All my parts will slowly be sourced from the local VW&Audi scrapyard and if any 1 local to nottingham can help PM

google 'digzz work in progress' everything you will need to know is in that thread including parts list and rough prices digz payed.

Reactions: harvz
Hi were you from? If your close to Essex try East Coast Styling ask for Lee tell him Mitch Ostridge told you to get it touch and tell him what you are after, we have done 3 or 4 A3 conversion now and Lee is very good!!

Mitch

looks heavy, total bonnet change might cut my costs with bumper and grille change... Im guessing from base its a straight swap to sport/s-line bumper and grille, correct me if im wrong

if you want the sport bumper then all you have to do is get the fog lights thats all that is different on them , the s-line however is bumper/grill/fog grills/fogs/fog repair wires , the facelift is a costly thing to do as you can see by diggz thread