LED problem.... help needed

s3ollie

Reaction score
I have just fitted some LED side lights for my 2007 S3.

When i first fitted them one worked and one didnt so I removed them and put the original bulds back in.

Now I only have the right one working, have tried other bulbs also with no joy.

VCDS is saying

02394 - parking light left front (M1)
012 - electrical fault in circuit.

I have tried new bulbs, clearing the fault, checked wiring as far as possible inside headlight and that look all good and tight. Checked fuses by drivers door and under bonnet they are all good.

Not sure what to do next I only wriggled the bulbs out gently so i very much doubt i have damaged the wiring removing the bulbs.

Any help would be greatfully received :think:

Last edited:
I had the exact same problem. I left it for a while and it eventually fixed itself. The car knows when a bulb had blown so will shut down the electrical supply to that circuit. It will come back eventually. As for the LED not coming on can be either CANBUS safe ones that draw enough power for the car to realise a bulb is connected or the polarity was incorrect.

Ah good to know mate, thanks.

Yeah i think i had the led in the wrong way and that caused it. I should have checked the polarity, I remember reading that they only work the correct way round now you mention it.

Do you remember how long it took to get back to normal?

:beerchug:

Ah good to know mate, thanks.

Yeah i think i had the led in the wrong way and that caused it. I should have checked the polarity, I remember reading that they only work the correct way round now you mention it.

Do you remember how long it took to get back to normal?

:beerchug:

It takes 5 seconds ! Switch off and then switch back on again.

If that doesn't fix it switch ignition on, then lights, then off and on again.

The fault on sidelights fixes itself if you have the bulbs in correctly and your battery has enough voltage.

I put the original bulbs back in straight after and its still doing it. (They can go in any way round cant they?)
cycled ignition, lights on off and cleared codes

In my case mine was overnight iirc. I fiddled about with the bulbs after work, they then did the above, got the hump and left it. Next day everything was back to normal. Despite turning lights on/off, ign on off etc.

I dont think so. I did try two different ones.

I will report back tomorrow and see if it has gone.

One thought I had was that i was only clearing faults in the electrics module maybe there is a fault somewhere else that might need clearing. I will do a full scan tomorrow if its not sorted

Shouldn't need to clear faults for sidelights. My led's do it all the time because battery very low (11v) but clear after running engine for a few mins.

Tested the bulb for continuity as the filament looked fine and bingo it was shot. new bulb sorted it. Dont know how two bulbs that were working two mins before both blew but never mind its working now.

As for the error free LED side lights they dont work in the side lights, put them in the footwell lights and they produce less light than the normal ones.

Last edited:
thanks..... Where did you get your leds from and what year is your car?