Finally found a FBMSW, now I need the balloon for it :-)

Your best bet is contact NHN or N8 on here as there the experts with the whole FBMFSW info and can probably supply the airbag you need at alot cheaper prices than any dealer or by any chance seller on ebay will sell for

MrWhItEwOlF

Most should be ok assuming it's the same year (ish). Best thing to do is to find one first, then check the part number before you buy. Must be a dual stage bag though.

I i´m not sure how to check the part number, but i´ll see what I can find :)

The part number is clearly marked on a sticker on the airbag. If you intend to buy off ebay get the seller to tell you the part number.

It will be something like the number I gave you in post #5

Firstly the guy doesn't know what he's talking about !

Secondly it's likely to be off a stolen car !

The airbag should be ok (if it works, but hopefully you'll never know ! ) and that part number was updated to suffix 'L' on 01.02.2011.

Part number 8J0 971 589 B is the wiring harness that goes with it.

They are both off a 2009 TT but should be ok with a 2011 wheel

Sorry but I give this information as guidance only and cannot guarantee that everything will fit !!!

Reactions: Tracebuzta
Thanks for your help....

One more question - Do I need anything else than the airbag and the wiring harness? what about the slip ring?

Provided you have slip ring suffix 'D' and steering module suffix 'F' (or later) then you should be ok.

As your car is DSG then you should have these.

The car will need to be coded with VCDS after installation.

Can anyone tell if this airbag will fit?

546690705_o.jpg

You need to get a photo showing the part number underneath the bar-code to be sure.

If you bought the wheel in your first post did you get screws with it ? None shown in picture.

However it does look like it will fit.

He could always buy mine and sell the wheel I have and just keep the airbag and harness!!?

He'll be back. :beerchug:

And it's offers OVER £300...........

There isn't really any way of telling ! The wheel you bought started production in 05/10 and ran until 09/11. That airbag was for a wheel up to 06/10 and revised to suffix L on 01/02/2011.

My guess would be that it will fit.

As we all know, James sale fell through :-( so I have to find another bag.... If only eBay sellers would actually answer their messages...