Monster MotorsportChris Nott
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: RedDejavu Audi S3 Ibis white BE build thread

5th Gear

Status
    I'd say bit deeper but less burp on the upshifts/downshifts. Clearly louder/raspier when reved hard but still nothing annoying. Totally quite when cruising around. Wanted it to be tad louder tbh, it has sports cat not fan of a decat.
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / Milltek Resonated TBE / LOBA HPFP/ GFB DV+ / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    New Revo intake on its way, pics to follow once recieved:]
    Revo Steve-W likes this.

Now:

/ Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / Milltek Resonated TBE / LOBA HPFP/ GFB DV+ / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

5th Gear

Status
    New REVO fitted ages ago. Overall great experience, nice quality, progressive sound, good low end (better then any of the intakes I've fitted), noticed flutter noise between 3-4k revs, LTFT settled down at 9% which is ok and acceptable no throttle angle problems.

Few pics:

IMG_0314.jpgIMG_0313.jpgIMG_0317.jpg

In regards to the flutter noise I get decided to do some logs and it comes up that fuel rail pressure drops between 3-4k revs which could be down to the fuel pump not being efficient enough so stage 2+ booked in for 19th:D. No problems when running low boost and timing or map is switched to standard settings.

However just before I do that I decided to fit one of these bad boys and see if I notice any difference:

IMG_0390.jpg

Hope you like it!

Now:

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    hi mate great mods, and pics.
    love the revo intake, and i'm also thinking to switch to that dv.
    when you'll fit hpfp be sure to get rs4 fpr as well as it makes a difference.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDejavu View Post
    Hi, AMD had same issue they redesigned MAF section to make it work correctly however I always get concerns therefore returned it on warranty again and now looking to buy the new revo's intake which is proven to give good fuel trims and has even better quality. Will do some tests myself once I got it fitted next month
    Sorry to thread hi-jack Matthew. Just a note to readers of the forum, this problem was only an issue on one batch we had made. There was an issue with the second set of tooling that was made, we had a new tool made and all is now fine. Any that had issues were changed FOC.

AmD Essex - West Thurrock, Essex 01708 861827- Open Mon-Sat. www.amdessex.com. 1000BHP 4WD Rolling Road-Workshop and Servicing- Mail Order- Chipping/Remapping from �299. Milltek- REVO - Mintex- Forge- SuperPro- KW - Weitec -Eibach- H&R- AP + more!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ben@amdessex View Post
    Sorry to thread hi-jack Matthew. Just a note to readers of the forum, this problem was only an issue on one batch we had made. There was an issue with the second set of tooling that was made, we had a new tool made and all is now fine. Any that had issues were changed FOC.
    No worries Ben! Happy that you guys sorted it out, shame that I were unlucky to have one from the affected batch though as the intake itself was really good, well made and I did like it .

Speak soon!
    ben@amdessex likes this.

Now:

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    hi mate great mods, and pics.
    love the revo intake, and i'm also thinking to switch to that dv.
    when you'll fit hpfp be sure to get rs4 fpr as well as it makes a difference.
    this is what I'll probabably going to look into next however I suspect all this flutter is software related

Now:

Rarely neutral

Status
    this is what I'll probabably going to look into next however I suspect all this flutter is software related
    What sort of flutter are you hearing.....?

Is it part throttle or on lift-off from full throttle,as what you're hearing could be surge related.

My previous GT3071 did suffer from that,and would cause the boost to chatter a bit under some conditions.....the new one doesn't do this.

5th Gear

Status
    I get fuel rail pressure drop between 3-4k when running aggressive settings thats when the flutter occurs and on the upshift when rev drops to around that region you can clearly feel lag in turbo spool. When running low boost and timing or standard settings all is fine and smooth

Now:

Rarely neutral

Status
    I get fuel rail pressure drop between 3-4k when running aggressive settings thats when the flutter occurs and on the upshift when rev drops to around that region you can clearly feel lag in turbo spool. When running low boost and timing or standard settings all is fine and smooth
    If you don't already have an HPFP,the midrange pressure drop is down to the pump,and is because it can't supply sufficient fuel at that range.

The RS4 fuel pressure regulator can help,but is most noticeable with a big turbo setup.

Lower boost,or less aggressive settings will certainly reduce the fuel symptoms.

5th Gear

Status
    This is why stage 2+ is on the way and booked in for 19th:D. Then if that wont help I'll do the rs4 regulator next
    Last edited by RedDejavu; 5th October 2013 at 12:48.
    S3Alex likes this.

Now:

Rarely neutral

Status
    This is why stage 2+ is on the way and booked for 19th:D. Then if that wont help I'll do the rs4 regulator next
    I think you'll find it makes quite a difference,maybe not so much in top end power,but in midrange torque.

The uprated pump really does fill out the area where torque drops off with the stock pump,but also after a few days running,the car will adapt and smooth it out some more.

5th Gear

Status
    OK this is it! Finally managed to get up to stage2+! All thanks to AMD Essex who once again made my car even more crazy fast:D.

Here is some examples why stage 2 sometimes suc ks and can cause disappointment:

Stage 2 Fuel rail trims:

Stock settings SPS Stage 2:

Now after fitting LOBA fuel pump everything looks different and best of all car feels sooooo much better mid range, just wants to go! Shifts are crisp and sharp, even on D mode everything feels like there is more grunt. Great upgrade for every S3 owner.... Stage 3 next?:D

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RedDejavu; 20th October 2013 at 20:57.
    warren_S3 and S3Alex like this.

Now:

Rarely neutral

Status
    OK this is it! Finally managed to get up to stage2+! All thanks to AMD Essex who once again made my car even more crazy fast:D.

Here is some examples why stage 2 sometimes suc ks and can cause disappointment:

Stage 2 Fuel rail trims:

Stock settings SPS Stage 2:

Now after fitting LOBA fuel pump everything looks different and best of all car feels sooooo much better mid range, just wants to go! Shifts are crisp and sharp, even on D mode everything feels like there is more grunt. Great upgrade for every S3 owner.... Stage 3 next?:D

stage2plus.jpg
    Thats shows the problem very nicely.

The Loba,Autotech and APR pumps all do much the same thing in terms of results,and certainly if I was buying an HPFP again,I'd go for the Loba right now.

I can vouch also for the Autotech,which has been on mine for over 30 000 miles now,with no issues,but the proviso is it should only be installed by someone who can build it in a clean enviroment.
    Mine is running around 500bhp currently,with no signs of the fuelling running out,and the data suggest that mid-high 500s are OK with these pumps.

The midrange difference with an uprated HPFP is very noticeable.

3rd Gear

Status
    How did your car do on the rollers?

Any problems with the DSG or anything?
    Dean.

5th Gear

Status
    they didnt take it on rollers for some reason..

Now:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123