Install Pioneer AVX7300+AVIC-9DVD in A3. Questions

YorkshireSimon

Reaction score
Hi

Audi Sport newbie here...

I have recently switched from my fuel guzzling Impreza STI to a A3 2lt TDI Sport.

I had in my Impreza a fair amount of Pioneer Sat Nav and AV equipment, specifically the AVM9000R video master, AVIC9DVD nav unit, AVX7300 screen combination.

My Audi A3 was ordered with the Symphony II Audio with BOSE.

I am thinking of installing the Pioneer equipment in the Audi now, and have the following questions:

1) Does the BOSE option have a seperate amp from the Symphony head unit

2) If so, does anyone else have any experience of interfacing non Audi/BOSE audio equipment into the said amp / speaker system

3) What would people suggest as the best option for the dash fascia. Audi supplied or car audio shop supplied.

4) If anyone has used other audio equipment with the BOSE speaker setup, what has the overall impression of sound quality afterwards. I love the sound in the car at the moment and don't want to llose that. If that's the case, will prob sell the nav equipment.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Simon

now then simon

unfortunately I don't know anything about this type of stuff, but welcome to the forum.

J

Hi Simon,

I too know nothing about the above stuff, but may well be worth repeating the question in the ice section, good luck.

And welcome to the fourm.

ice

Welcome mate, a few ex- Impreza drivers on here.....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does, sub on the left, amp on the right. The speakers are individually amped apparently.

[ QUOTE ]
2) If so, does anyone else have any experience of interfacing non Audi/BOSE audio equipment into the said amp / speaker system

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately yes, welcome to the world of CanBus wiring. Audi use multiplexed wiring, power and signal down the same cable. An AV bod knows that in a normal scenario power and signal together is av.bad idea. Audi obviously have something in their headunits to get round this, coz when I changed mine I had masses of interference and had to have various filters installed to get rid of it.

[ QUOTE ]
3) What would people suggest as the best option for the dash fascia. Audi supplied or car audio shop supplied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Audi supplied without a doubt, perfect colur match and cheaper than anywhere else.

[ QUOTE ]
4) If anyone has used other audio equipment with the BOSE speaker setup, what has the overall impression of sound quality afterwards. I love the sound in the car at the moment and don't want to llose that. If that's the case, will prob sell the nav equipment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends how loud u like it. The concert2 that i had ahad a superb low volume bass to it, and high volume as well. I seem to have lost a lot of the low volume bass with my aftermarket headunit.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does, sub on the left, amp on the right. The speakers are individually amped apparently.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately yes, welcome to the world of CanBus wiring. Audi use multiplexed wiring, power and signal down the same cable. An AV bod knows that in a normal scenario power and signal together is av.bad idea. Audi obviously have something in their headunits to get round this, coz when I changed mine I had masses of interference and had to have various filters installed to get rid of it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Audi supplied without a doubt, perfect colur match and cheaper than anywhere else.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends how loud u like it. The concert2 that i had ahad a superb low volume bass to it, and high volume as well. I seem to have lost a lot of the low volume bass with my aftermarket headunit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers for the replies mate...

Mmm, worried about the multiplexed wiring now... Was going to do this myself, but if I run into any interference issues, it will be very difficult for me to trace without a scope of some kind, which I don't have to hand. Curious, are you saying that power is sent to the Bose amp/sub from the head unit wiring loom?

I fitted all the Pioneer equipment in my Scooby no problems, but it sounds like this could be a nightmare!

When you say, sub on the left, amp on the right, are you talking about inside the boot lining walls?

As for the sound, I too like the low volume base of the system as well as high volume. I guess I just don't want to changing the characteristics too much at all.

Thanks for your replies.

Simon