LUK Flywheel with Sachs clutch?

AjayB

MK5 Golf GT
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if a Sachs clutch will be ok running with an LUK Flywheel? Or do the flywheel and clutch have to match each other? I'm getting a new clutch fitted tomorrow as mines slipping loads after my remap. My cars a 04 Golf MK5 GT TDI, BKD engine. Not sure which flywheel the car has at the moment but i really want a Sachs clutch as i have heard they are a lot stronger.

You can mix the 2, so no issues.

Perfectly fine, thats what i run

Thanks guys. thats just what i wanted to hear :yahoo: Will be a happy chappy tomorrow when i have no clutch slip at all :happy:

You can do Sachs clutch LUK DMF but it is recommended to replace both at the same time if you have issues

Hi fellas im starting to think the clutch in my tdi 170 quattro may soon need replacing and was wondering what you guys could recomend. are the sachs the ones to go for. and what sort of price could i exspect to pay fitted.

I got my new Sachs one fitted last night and it feels great! Most people say the Sachs are the best to go with as they are stronger.. Turns out my car had a sachs originally as well, yours could be the same.

Sachs are better than LUK for this application, but some have suffered issues with uprated Sachs not long into their lives (7k for the worst). I'm looking at Sachs and Spec, but want something OEM feel which will present a challenge.

Need to start my research into clutches soon... what is the usual price for the clutch/dmf combo? Someone said you need to replace the housing too? Stage 2+ will probably be around May so want to get a head start so I can maybe grab a bargain between now and then, but don't know what I'm actually looking for yet.

Depends on what you go with, but keep £1500 in your back pocket to cover everything.

Just need the fuel pump fitted, brakes on, map sorted (whole other decision to be made) and the clutch. Should get my tax back 5-6 weeks after April 6th, so half will go to furnishing a flat, and half will go into the car (need a refurb on the wheels, clutch etc, hopefully find some buckets too).