RNS-e Bluetooth and iPhone

Bus5507

Reaction score
My 2010 a3 came with Bluetooth and also rns-e.i can connect my iPhone through Bluetooth no probs the contacts come up on the dash display but will not come through the rns-e there is also no call list ect the unit does no the phone is connect because if I get an incoming call the name in my contacts is show throught the rns-e as well as the dash display . The playlists from my iPhone are all fine it's just the phone book and call list that are the problem any ideas !!!!

Last edited:
The Audi A3 does not have an MMI system. They are only present in A1, A4 upwards.

I'm assuming you have an RNSe installed in your car? How long have you had the Bluetooth and RNSe? Did you install it yourself? Seems like it hasn't been coded correctly.

Make sure that your contacts do not have any special characters in as this can sometimes throw things.

I have changed my post new to all this thanks !! Yes it's a RNS-e . I thought they were factory fitted when I bought the car in December but came with no manual so asked at the Audi dealer and they said the Rns-e wasn't factory fitted the previous owner must have put it in .

Retrofitted? Very possibly not coded correctly then. -For phone lists to show up, 'convenience' mode has to be enabled.

Needs a Vag-Com. See if someone has one near you and will check it for beer.

When you press the "TEL" button on the RNS-e, if you then press the memory button, top left, you should then have your contacts list, missed/recieved etc.