washer bottle leak

Ratzer

Reaction score
hello

I hope someone might be able to help. I have a 2008 Sportback 2.0 tdi. A few months ago the washer bottle was leaking like a sieve. It appeared to only happen when i had used the rear wash, when i pulled the nozzle free there was pressure in the system, which led me to believe this nozzle might be blocked. I cleaned it and if I didn't use rear wash it didn't leak. This has now started again. i have stripped the f/os wheel arch to check the bottle - it seems to leak around the bottom seal where the pump plugs in. Does anyone know if this seal is likely to need replacing or if it is likely to be blocked elsewhere causing another build in pressure?

Just put some sealant round the base of the seal, the refit the pump which will pressure the bung/sealant together & water tight, take care to not push any into the bottle.

Also get a sewing needle/pin head & push into the water jet holes to remove any built up scaling, then test wash wipe, if still no water then you need to remove the rear boot trim & undo pipe & test again, which will determine if the wiper motor is ******** or just usually blocked.

hello

I hope someone might be able to help. I have a 2008 Sportback 2.0 tdi. A few months ago the washer bottle was leaking like a sieve. It appeared to only happen when i had used the rear wash, when i pulled the nozzle free there was pressure in the system, which led me to believe this nozzle might be blocked. I cleaned it and if I didn't use rear wash it didn't leak. This has now started again. i have stripped the f/os wheel arch to check the bottle - it seems to leak around the bottom seal where the pump plugs in. Does anyone know if this seal is likely to need replacing or if it is likely to be blocked elsewhere causing another build in pressure?[/QUOTE

I have a leak in my bottle somewhere, is the removal of the linings to the wheel arch the best way to get to the bottle or is it better from removing the shield to the underside of the car?

Help is appreciated!

Remove bumper, gives you clear & unrestricted access to test for leaks, I would check the small o-ring the 1/2 pumps have on the end where the pipes push onto, these can if not fitted well, get mangled on fitting & leak, also you could replace the bungs or if they appear ok, stick some sikaflex or the like round the base of the bung for a watertight solution, ideally you need to do thorough test & visual checks all the way along the path of the piping.

I spent most of the day trying to get to this. I removed the liner from the wheel arch and I found the leak. It was one of the pipes that goes into the motor which had worn through. I can't get the bumper off but are there extension pieces and spare pipe that i could buy from Audi so that I can "cut" out the cracked part?

What do you mean you cant get the bumper of, you need to undo top 3 bolts, a load underneath, a 10mm right hidden inside the wing by corner of headlight & loosen some that joins wing & bumper onto the plastic bracket on the inside of the 2, then it comes of.

Centre bolt on top has seized and won't come out, so I can't get it off.

Spray it with shed loads of wd40, soak the ******, get a decent torx socket on it & give it some muscle :)

Been there tried that, head of screw got chewed up first. Also got the dremel in to make a slot once it got chewed but it hasn't worked either. I can see the leak and could cut out the damaged section if Audi supply connectors and replacement pipe.

I would get dremel the shape for a socket or grips & remove the bolt anyway.

As for the leak, just get some joins/piping from halfords or the like & fix it that way.