Indy's 2.0TDI Progress Thread

enjoy mate, i still havent got bored of my exhaust that whuuus and whisle :D
Cheers mate! I need to drive it a bit more through some tunnels!
Looking good bro, does taking off the back box fail MOT?
I'm interested in doing this on mine
It's quite a common thing to do so shouldn't fail the MOT. I know of a couple of people who have done this and sailed through MOTs. No reason it will fail that I can think of.

Just go for it mate, you won't regret it!

Did someone say BBS?

It's been a while since my last update, so no better way to come back to a thread than having some new wheels!

I went for 18" BBS CK's with 225/40 Falken tyres. I wanted to keep everything subtle and factory looking, and IMO there is no wheel which achieves this any better. (apart from maybe CH's). They weren't cheap, but it was worth saving up for the real thing, as I'd never be happy with replicas.

I've also bought some MY11 rear lights from Nigel, which should be here tomorrow!

BBS2.jpg

BBS1.jpg

I got these silver valve sleeves with BBS caps for an extra £15 on top of the price. Worth it all day long IMO!

Valves.jpg

More to come soon once they're fitted, along with the new rear lights!

Love your exhaust tailpipes, thing i found when i had a diesel was the black on the exhaust was really easy to remove whereas on a petrol it seems to be tougher to get off the tailpipes, your car looks great :)

Chris

Only just spotted this thread, good to see another one from Leeds on here; same age too! :)

Harehills is a stones throw away from me so it's good to know there's a decent reliable local bodyshop hidden away just around the corner!

I've been wanting to fit black emblems on mine for absolutely ages buy I've never had the heart to debadge mine, I think you might have just sold it to me though! Looks absolutely stunning mate.

Loving the progress so far, you're off to a quick start :icon_thumright: I think I need to pull my thumb out!

It's quite a common thing to do so shouldn't fail the MOT. I know of a couple of people who have done this and sailed through MOTs. No reason it will fail that I can think of.

Just go for it mate, you won't regret it!

ahh i was looking for this thread... totally forgot what it was called!!

so i took your advice and did the backbox delete... absolutely love it!

The alloys look lovely... one of my favourite BBS alloys, though i think you should have got 19s

Cheers for the comments guys,

19's were the original choice but I came to the conclusion that they don't suit an A3 anywhere near as well as an S3 (because of the lack of side skirts).

Also, they're not entirely practical. I wanted a car that could look like it came this way from factory and I think 18's fit that bill perfectly, especially with original S-Line sized tyres.

BIG Update today!

My MY11/12 rear lights came through the other day, big thanks to Nigel (NHN) for supplying me with these. Fantastic price and service.

Also, I finally got the wheels on. The suspension needs to set a bit at the back from when the car was jacked up, but overall the car sits around 10-12 mm higher than when on the 17's. I'll be fitting lowering springs in the next 4 weeks so the arch gap won't be so prominent for very long.

Sorry for poor photos, the rain was coming and going so some quick iPhone photos are all I've managed to get for now!

IMG_6270.jpg

IMG_6267.jpg

IMG_6266.jpg

IMG_6268.jpg

Been waiting for these photo's. Car looks great with those rims and lights. :icon_thumright:

I really need to sort the rear of my car, every time I look at it I feel ill.

What option are you going for With the suspension?

Been waiting for these photo's. Car looks great with those rims and lights. :icon_thumright:

I really need to sort the rear of my car, every time I look at it I feel ill.

What option are you going for With the suspension?

I'll be going for 30/35mm lowering springs, that way the car should at S-Line height-ish. Will maintain maximum comfort and practicality too!

Car looking good mate, :icon_thumright:

Cheers mate, a couple more exterior bits to sort then I'll be happy!

Hi mate, do you have any videos of your exhaust? I'm very tempted to get same thing done as you but want to know how loud it is.

Thanks

Will

oooow doesnt sound bad at all :)

whats it like to drive? isit quite loud when driving?

I had a custom exhaust on my old car and the sound got very annoying in towards the end of owning it.

No its really nice, as i mentioned in my thread there isnt much noise inside the cabin so its good, if the stereo is turned down you can just about hear it when you let off the accelerator but from the outside its loud!

i would say go for it! its not got that horrible loud chavy noise you get on those crappy Saxo's and as long as you keep the tips around 2.5"-3" you should be fine.

arhhhh, im very tempted.

Def dont want it to sound chavy.

Will have to think about it. Will get a quote for it.

Thanks for the help :)

I've lowered the price now, because I need the money for my new car. Now only £8250 with BBS CK's and Black Edition/S-Line kit.

Also taking offers on the wheels with originals in P/X if anyone is interested.

What a shame mate, after all that work. 8000 might be a bit too much for 2005 model. I've seen full 2011 S3 replica's for about that price

What a shame mate, after all that work. 8000 might be a bit too much for 2005 model. I've seen full 2011 S3 replica's for about that price

It is a shame but I've struggled to bond with the A3. I'm going to be buying a Z4 2.0i to replace it.

I looked on autotrader and the cheapest 2.0TDI sport in the whole country in black is 7990 and that has more miles and is just bog standard. That's what I've based my price on.

Hopefully someone will stick in a bid on eBay or something before it's reached it's course this weekend!

oh kk, hope it works out for ya. Prices seem to fall and rise. I'm not the biggest fan of the body style of that car, but the open top should be well nice for the summer.

oh kk, hope it works out for ya. Prices seem to fall and rise. I'm not the biggest fan of the body style of that car, but the open top should be well nice for the summer.

I've never liked the Z4 up until now. I think you appreciate it more when you see it up close and see how well it's actually styled. The long bonnet and squatted rear end makes it look like a proper sports car, unlike the TT which is too curvy and perfectly proportioned.

I'm yet to drive one, but after sitting in a few it's so far so good. RWD, roof down and the 2.0i variable valve engine is a good mix!

The Audi was collected by it's new owner yesterday.

It's gone from Cardiff to Preston to Leeds and now it resides in Somerset, so anyone from down there may spot it hanging around!

Such a shame this has gone, was starting to come together nicely.

I'm from Leeds and my car looks exactly how yours started out. I'm looking for some to spray and fit a rear S Line spoiler to mine. Where abouts did you get your work done? Apologies if you've mentioned it in the thread, I could be blind :think: