changing stereo

Davemarsden132

Reaction score
Hey all,

Im looking at swopping ny audi concert II headunit in my 06 a3 but ive no idea what im going to need, will i need a fascia and iso leads and if so does anyoje have links to cheap ones for me

Cheers

Hey all,

Im looking at swopping ny audi concert II headunit in my 06 a3 but ive no idea what im going to need, will i need a fascia and iso leads and if so does anyoje have links to cheap ones for me

Cheers

Do a bit of research and you'll answer your own questions. Loads of threads on this topic.

What HU u changing to?

Ive been looking and cant find anything.. Ive seen things for around 70 Quid! :( I dont fancy spending that much! Im putting in a Kenwood KVT 522-DVD headunit :D cheers

In my corsa there was just a fasica.. In this audi ive no idea ive seen different wiring harness' all sorts of cables and stuff...

No im afraid your gonna need to get at least the ISO (which varys on if you got Bose, Quad or normal sound system) a Signal Booster (I did not have one for awhile but after getting bored of CDs you REALLY need one!) and Facia but also you need a Can-Bus thing which I can't remember what its called but I don't have it. Its just a part that reconises that your turning off the car and turns off the HU and turns it back on when you put the ignition on. But that part alone is about 40quid (that I have been able to find so far!) so I have left that for now as I prefer to sometimes drive in silence and turning it off manually doesn't bother me that much :)

Hope this helps you but what ever you do make sure you get the right ISO as I had the wrong one for about 2months untill I realised that the back speakers were not working but the SUB was -.- lol

MrWhItEwOlF

Thanks for your help mate,

Sorry if these questions seem stupid but i baught my A3 second hand. How do i know if i have Bose, Quad or Normal sound system cheers

not 100% but a good way to check if its bose is to look at the speaker covers in your door. i know mine have a silver strip with Bose emblazened on it