Decat?

nothingness

Reaction score
Hi!

Am i going to see any improvement in lag if I take my cat out, gut it, and fit it back in? This is prior to the stage 1 remap.

Also will it pass MOT with no cat?

Also, when starting up from cold is it usual to get a ton of white smoke (i think its just condensation, it doesnt smell of oil...) ?

Many thanks!

Hi!

Am i going to see any improvement in lag if I take my cat out, gut it, and fit it back in? This is prior to the stage 1 remap.

Yes

NO!

Also, when starting up from cold is it usual to get a ton of white smoke (i think its just condensation, it doesnt smell of oil...) ?

Yes.

dont gut it
it will sound crap get a decat

Hi!

Many thanks!

ok here are a few things, gutting is bad as you will still lag as there are a lot of restrictions on the down pipe, so you really need a properly designed system to funnel the exhaust gases out as the stripped cat section will prob cause a load of turbulence and grief, also doing this without a stage 2 map will result in you always having the engine management light on.

when it comes to the MOT on visual inspection, with a gutted cat section they will in theory pass it, but without mapping to correct the EML and fuelling it may very well fail on emissions

you won't get any white smoke, but you will get a wiff of petrol for the first couple of minutes after a cold start

hope that helps

you can get a spacer to stop the light comeing on
depending on who you use for the map some write it out some dont on stage 1

I've heard of the spacer, not seen one before, always worth a try
true, though you would have to specify the lambda defeat to the tuner though as that not a standard stage 1 spec
what car you mapping anyway?

tdi 140 dsg

Is the miltek large bore downpipe a decat?

Miltek downpipe £180

Get a remap to support it

:)