seat stitching

microfly

Reaction score
Hi all have noticed that on the passager front seat that the stitching has started coming away ,and the seam where two panels of leather are joined have just began to part.
This problem is in the middle of the front seat ,you can not notice it apart from a small tuffed of the stitching showing in the fold of the two panels,but is big enough two push my little finger into it.The car is still under audi warranty but i don't know if this would be covered.
So if anyone can en-lighten me about the warranty that will be my first port of call,and if not does anyone know where i can get this sorted before it started screeping along the seam.:3sadwalk:

I have noticed this on mine, and mine is only a month old.

I would have thought Audi will class this as general wear and tear and won't cover it.

If the car is under warranty.... im guessing less than three years old id argue that that is far shorter than the expected life of any components including the seat stitching....... ok drivers side will get far more abuse than passenger side so surely if it was gonna fail the drivers side would have failed.

yes general wear and tear is a factor but if its happened on a month old car too!!!

If it's not covered under warranty it can be sorted easily.
Any Upholsterers should able to sort it in about 5mins.

Thanks guys ,Danti could you rec any good upholsterers or should i just google for one ?
If it's not covered under warranty it can be sorted easily.
Any Upholsterers should able to sort it in about 5mins.