Re-map on S3

DaztheGuv

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm considering to get my 07 S3 remapped, but would like to know the pros and cons, how it effects the MPG, and which is the best remap to go for? Also would I have to go for an updated dump valve? Also could do with an idea on price and the best place to go?

Many thanks,

Daz.

Revo, MPG slightly better.

clutch will need replacing as they're like butter and will slip soon after. It's a fair bill for it. budget for £1000. if DSG don't worry, they tend to be fine.

Pros: Extra power / more torque / safer overtaking / slightly better MPG if you drive it normally
Cons: Can wear brakes & tyres & clutch out faster if you cane it more, less MPG if you cane it, increased insurance costs

There is no real 'best' remap, it depends what you want to pay and what kind of functionality you want with your map. If you do a search this topic is discussed pretty much on the hour so there will be plenty of threads discussing Revo vs MTM vs Shark vs Bluefin....... All offer pros and cons and varying degrees of affordability.

I'd change your DV if it has it's original unit still fitted as the 07 cars have the rubber skirt version which tears. You need a revision D Audi one from which is about £40.

Try and choose someone local to you, there are some decent tuning houses up your way, so decide on a map and then look to see if it's available in 30-40 mile radius as its easier if 'owt goes wrong to get back there.

Don't need a dump valve. just put a intake on it and things vastly improve.

Anyone know of any remap dealers near Stoke on Trent?

Many thanks to all of you who've helped me!

Cheers,

Daz.