A little visit to Shark Performance HQ on Saturday

Juicy Jen

Jen @ Juicy Detailing
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.juicydetailing.co.uk
So my solar orange S3 8P (known from now on as "The Jaffa") is arriving this Friday being brought up from Guildford Audi and I'm hoping to get my first and second mod on straight away that was purchased this week if the car doesn't turn up too late and then we are off to see Ben down in Mansfield on Saturday to make a little addition to the car :yahoo:

Now my question is for stage two do I need a full exhaust system ie from Miltek or is the non res back enough which is what I had last time? Also what else? I know there is mentions of getting the clutch changed as it's an 09 car....

Last edited:
Fantastic choice, Jen! Woohoo! SHARK FTW! All you need for the Stage 2 map is a downpipe and sports cat and that should make you see around 330 ponies! This is the map I have, but I chose to fit a full TBE and Forge Twintake CAI to help the car breathe better and to release a few more BHP no doubt. Downpipe and sports cat are the only essentials for Shark's Stage 2 map though :wub: xx

Shark Performance - European Vehicle Tuning

I'm not sure about what shark maps need, but I'd imagine you do need it as the DP presents significant restriction, and you need to be able to bypass one of the sensors. You may want to consider all exhausts on offer (Supersprint / Blueflame / Pipewerx / MV Sport), as Millteks build isn't what it was.

Reactions: RedDejavu and Paullie
BTW Jen, I have full Blueflame TBE (with 200 cell sports cat) and it sounds fab! Blueflame make OEM exhausts for the likes of Bentley, Rolls Royce and Lotus, so they are pretty good quality. :wub: xx

I'd agree with Paullie, Blueflame exhausts are fantastic. Had 2 and I had no issues with them.

BTW Jen, I have full Blueflame TBE (with 200 cell sports cat) and it sounds fab! Blueflame make OEM exhausts for the likes of Bentley, Rolls Royce and Lotus, so they are pretty good quality. :wub: xx

What kind of price was that if you don't mind me asking?

In what way Warren has Milltek changed? I'll be honest I thought it would be louder than it was after experiencing a Remus on my vxr just didn't compare (I'm sure Paula knows what I mean lol)

What kind of price was that if you don't mind me asking?

In what way Warren has Milltek changed? I'll be honest I thought it would be louder than it was after experiencing a Remus on my vxr just didn't compare (I'm sure Paula knows what I mean lol)

Haha, POP-POP-BANG, lol! :laugh: I paid £699 for my full system from Mike at MV Sport who had one fitted to an S3 for a magazine shoot and then took it off again after it had been on the car less than a day. When it came to him sending it to me, he couldn't find the down pipe and sports cat that had been on the car, so he sent me brand new ones! The cat back section looked like new too. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether or not yours being a SB will make a difference. I'm not sure Blueflame make a variation for them in particular. Milltek however do, of course.

This place do the best prices around for Blueflame systems, might be worth giving them a ring and see if they can sort you with one. :wub: xx

Blueflame Exhaust System Audi S3

Last edited:
There have been instances of Millteks locating pins giving way at the front, and a few have experienced an issue with welds. Their customer service is fine, but it's hassle I can do without.

I have the MV Sport too (basically Blueflame). Sounds stunning, good build, and I have 100 cell which got through 2 MoT's on my 8P2.

I'm not saying don't go Millteks, it just may be worth updating rear engine mounts if you do to limit any exposure to damage.

Stop giving her ideas lol..

I'm supposed to be treaty myself for my 40th, never mind having to fork out for mods for the Jaffa..

On a serious note, I can't wait for the car to land, as the wheels I collected yesterday are going to look soup herb.

Reactions: Paullie
Stop giving her ideas lol..

I'm supposed to be treaty myself for my 40th, never mind having to fork out for mods for the Jaffa..

On a serious note, I can't wait for the car to land, as the wheels I collected yesterday are going to look soup herb.

There just ideas :whistle2: and you know it's going to happen (hhhmmm now how to get the exhaust on by Friday and stage 2 on sat !!!!) and your terrible at keeping secrets Andrew 'soup herb' indeed

So guys you've not mentioned anything about the clutch? Will it be a case of just see how it goes or is this definitely something that will need to be changed?

Oh did I mention about the black back diffuser that I might need too? Love you :sex:

Clutch will be OK for a bit unless its been mapped and ragged in a previous life. 2+ is the real clutch killer!

Black gloss looks sharp on orange, I've never been a huge fan of front bar or rear diffuser colour from factory, so good move.

Ah Abs and Jen, I'll see the connection. For exhaust, I'd use Motorwize in Burton, the quality is better than Milltek from my experience.

I'm not sure about what shark maps need, but I'd imagine you do need it as the DP presents significant restriction, and you need to be able to bypass one of the sensors. You may want to consider all exhausts on offer (Supersprint / Blueflame / Pipewerx / MV Sport), as Millteks build isn't what it was.

This supersport downpipe looks quality!

Supersprint Downpipe and Hi-flow Sports cat for Audi S3 2.0 TFSI

Milltek isnt the same as it used to be anymore unfortunetley...

All this talk of Stage2+ really isn't helping me!

I told myself before I bought the car that Stage 1 was as far as I would go but......I WANT MORE! :weight_lift2:

Stage 2+ is immense, it should be your destiny!!!!