2012 RNS-E Disc.

Rob-Quattro

Reaction score
Hello, I have a phone call off my local Audi dealer this morning letting me know my 2012 disc is in which I ordered :think:

I never ordered it but inquired about it several months back which confused me.

I asked if it had speed camera warning built in as I've seen it in the 2011 edition.

Can anyone put me straight whether you can have speed camera warning with these like this one:
*** inc SPEED CAMERAS *** Audi RNS-E New Navigation 2 Disc DVD 2011 Sat Nav Map | eBay

And if so should the 2012 edition come with it also?

A part number would be much appreciated.

Rob

Nope. I have a MK2 RNSe with latest maps.

This listing won't be for an original disk. It will be copied and the speed camera info would be added as POI on to the map. I have done it a few times and is ok. It doesn't beep or go off when going towards it though.

Oh really?! ******, better get a laser detector before may then! My good'old van satnav is donkeys years old but has all the camera's minus the new ones in the last year and gives me the heads up I like if I'm not concentrating like I should be. Cheers Cruiser.

If I recall it does not read POI's, there was a company did add speed cameras to the Audi Maps manually, but there is no sound warning, so rather pointless tbh. it is never updated, not evne sure it has mobile and average speed cameras which are most important

The best way I have found is using an app on iphone, that you run in the back ground while listening to the Iphone music, you get a warning then, also the sat nav still works as it should.

Q
Hello, I have a phone call off my local Audi dealer this morning letting me know my 2012 disc is in which I ordered :think:.

Rob

How much are they charging for it?

The 2012 one I use now is such a good copy that is similar to the original. Direct print on DVD too.

Dont copied nav discs give your rns-e a hard time though and been known to burn the laser out?

I will have copies available @ a cheaper price for those who are interested :wub:

So do your copies have the 2nd disc with the update and speed cameras? If so how much are they?

Any firmware updates are stored on both dvd's, so cant see where the 2nd disc with updates comes from, also speed camera data is useless as already advised, no warnings at all, so what is the point as you'd never constantly look at the nav anyway.

Haha Nigel thats the very thread I was looking for when I asked that question, and I couldn't remember where I'd seen it. Time to print that list off I think. Thanks guys.