A3 170TDI glowplug light on dash

grantDUBshaw

Reaction score
Come across abit of a problem with my A3, my glow plug light started flashing at me yesterday when i was driving, left the engine off for about 10 minutes turned it back on and carried on driving and never came back on.. GREAT. So then i started driving to work this morning and a couple of minutes into the drive it started flashing at me again.. Driving seems as normal.
Any ideas what it could be, and is it still ok to drive for time being, its a 57 plate a3 sportback 170tdi s-line. Could do with a vagcom reader aswell?

Cheers
Grant

Fine to drive but could be the start of what's to come. I had this and then the DPF light came on a few days later, fecking sensor had stopped working and my DPF was fully blocked. Therefore have it scanned asap and. check your brake lights are working (can also be this).

Expensive to replace? And brake lights were the first thing i checked mate, need to get my uncle to read it for me when he has time this week! Why does it always happen 5 days before insurance renewal haha :(
Cheers bud

Shouldn't be expensive if you catch it quickly. To have the exhaust pressure sensor changed, which is what mine needed but the dumb *** mechanic ignored it, is between £100-£200 fitted.

Not to bad then, im going to get it read one day this week if i finish work early, if not, itll be the weekend unfortuantely
:) hope its not too major!

Has it had the injector recall? I'm sure that some people have reported the glow plug light flashing before an injector failure. Didn't think it would be part of the DPF though; that usually entails an image on the DIS/DPF light.

I have had the injector recall and i had 4 new injectors and loom fitted by halesowen audi. The light hasnt been on since the last time i posted on this thread and it decided to come on again earlier, i thought it might just be down to the cold weather before but i dont understand why it would come on after a hour and a half drive back from bristol?

Im not loosing any power and the car isnt driving any different to how it usually does/should?

Any ideas, apart from getting it read or has anyone experianced this problem?

Cheeers :)

havnt you had it read from 3 weeks ago?

Mine did the same, intermittent and no loss of performance.

Ended up having to have it's second Inlet Manifold intake motor as the flaps were sticking. £353 job at the stealers!!

Best bet is get it scanned as may be something simple.... Good luck.