ETKA 7.3 help

chris1988brown

Reaction score
Hi guys I've just got ETKA 7.3 and starting to get to grips with it, just wondering can you search by using a reg or VIN number?
Also any other tips or pointers?

Cheers Chris

You can put in the VIN but itll only return a choice of Engines to choose which you can then select your engine. Works fine for engine stuff,
not so for bodywork such as S Line kit etc.

Basically you can only enter the correct model (A3) and the year. All the other searches using VIN number etc required a live connection to the main Audi computer setup which is only available to dealers.

cheers for the reply guys, i ve sussed how to use it and find what im looking forr just wondered if you could just find parts for a specific car to make identifiying the parts easier.cheers chris

if you are looking for parts related to a certain model then do a search under the atp tab and put in a full part number and select all models. it will bring up which models the part fits to and what year cars it will fit on.
or if you are looking for a part number then just select the car model from the list and then year and then do a search on the term tab and you should see the parts for that model.
if you are wanting more specific stuff like lhd/rhd or quattro models then when you find the part, right click it and select pr number and it will give you the variables for that part.

It isnt advisable to discuss etka & the use of it on here for obvious reasons, it attracts unwanted attention, use PM's is my advice :)

I wouldnt worry chris, version 7.3 and a bit will be out next week and then non of it will work anyway..