Reaction score
These arrived today..

Going on Monday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

wheel.jpg

Well I guess you are now.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice!!

Pics please!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

*** /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif , this keeping up with the Jones' or Nobles in this case is getting expensive.

Asked the body shop repairing my rear shunt to price me the votex rear spoiler and front skirt but I think I may get them to price the whole kit. Gotta get one up on Mark somehow!!

Actually come to think of it the bodyshop will add their own margin to the kit anyway so maybe I'm better off going direct to MSL and just getting the body shop to quote for painting and fitting. A phone call to MSL is in order for tomorrow I think.....sugar....are they open Saturdays?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

You wont tempt me with those €2000 CH's though. Gonna get me some Replica 18in RS6's from Rochfords on Goodyear F1's.

Looks like I may put the remap on the backburner for a while cause my CC can't take it!!

Try VAG Parts before MSL mate...MSL will charge you an absolute small fortune for a full kit. I wouldn't like to guess how much.

Having said that, I know a fella who ordered side skirts off GTI down in Cork yesterday from a stealer for E200.

Getting the wheels fitted in an hour, will post pics later.

Have you inspected each wheel to make sure there is no defects? Not that whoever fits them damages them and then denies they done so.

Ooohh, nice!

I keep looking and looking at all kinds of catalogs, but the CHs keep coming back! They are simply gorgeous, and go very well with the general design of the 8p A3 (imho).

Sadly, they are a lot heavier than, say, OZ Superleggeras. Probably sturdier though?

[ QUOTE ]
Try VAG Parts before MSL mate...MSL will charge you an absolute small fortune for a full kit. I wouldn't like to guess how much.

Having said that, I know a fella who ordered side skirts off GTI down in Cork yesterday from a stealer for E200.

Getting the wheels fitted in an hour, will post pics later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vag parts as in vagparts.co.uk??

All they have are chrome mirrors, wipers and badges for the A38P??

Its just that I looked on votex.de and the rear skirt appears to be €400+. The full kit priced on that site came to about €1500 (+add a few euro for ripoff Ireland!). Now if the standard A3 rear skirt is a similar price then I could get the bodyshop to fit the votex skirt instead of the standard one paid for by the insurance. If there was a few quid in the differance I would make it up myself. Thus saving me €400 off the price of the kit.

It just seems like a shame to pass up the opportunity. ie I intend to get the kit eventually but it seems such a waste for insurance to pay for a standard skirt that would probably be replaced with a votex skirt 'at my expense' in a few months.

Yep I hear what you're saying but ring Vagparts Monday and see what they will ship the kit for.

Just cause it's not on their website doesn't mean they don't do it!