My A3 Build Thread

Not sure what plans i have got really amar, i know you will all have a go at me! but i don't really want to get into suspension because it is so pricey, i have got my remap so maybe i will finally get that induction kit i was meant to get ages ago!! What else do you think i need to do?

Chris

Not sure what plans i have got really amar, i know you will all have a go at me! but i don't really want to get into suspension because it is so pricey, i have got my remap so maybe i will finally get that induction kit i was meant to get ages ago!! What else do you think i need to do?

Chris
lower the monster truck :ninja:

£150 will get you a 50/40mm drop with eibach sportlines. much better than looking like a tractor :ohmy:........ :laugh:

eibach 40/50? i think i paid around £150 for mine, and S3 side skirts i know its pricey mod but it would look perfect with the RS3 rear diffuser.

mine not bumpy at all its just right, and when i throw it around the corners its nice stiff and gripping.

I finally got the rs3 bumper spoilers on, i know you barely notice them but they do something when you see them at a certain angle so i am happy!! i had to completely bodge them and cut away all the bracketry and just glue the spoilers to the inside of the bumper with just enough room to access the screw behind!! Its the little touches ;)

Chris

Mine won't do that now i have got the 18 inch wheels on, it was pretty economical with the 17's but now i am pushed to get 35 out of it :( i guess they are heavier

Chris

Mine won't do that now i have got the 18 inch wheels on, it was pretty economical with the 17's but now i am pushed to get 35 out of it :( i guess they are heavier

Chris

Yea mine's got 18s on, but even up the A1 I topped out at average 25mpg, couldn't get it any higher (even playing the MPG game) ... :S it is a quattro though

Last edited:
Yer quattro adds a lot of weight to an already heavy car!! oh well, i didn't but it for economy thank god!!

Chris

So, long time no update, unfortunately nothing has really changed on the car as i am saving money up and have had to cut back on my spending on the car, i have fitted some tt pedals but havent got a photo of them yet. Now i have stopped changing things i am really enjoying the car for what it is, i love the power and i have now mastered a quick pull away with minimal wheelspin and i must say it really can shift, i have amazed many a focus st with my little a3 :) On my current tank of fuel i am really trying to get 400 miles so i have been doing some careful driving, i did an airport run last week and averaged 39mpg and have been holding it at about 35 after that and its looking good so far!! i hit 220 on half a tank but it has started rapidly decreasing now so we shall see if i make it. I also just checked my tyre pressures and they were quite low which is a shame because i was loving the ride comfort!! pumped them up and its bumpy once again :p Anyway here is where i stand with my tank of fuel atm

IMG 2750
On other news, i went to coulsdon audi to pick up my mums new car the other day, to replace her s4, it is an s5 sportback in a very special orange/red colour and looks stunning so thought i would post it for you guys to see :)

IMG 2725

Chris

I finally got the rs3 bumper spoilers on, i know you barely notice them but they do something when you see them at a certain angle so i am happy!! i had to completely bodge them and cut away all the bracketry and just glue the spoilers to the inside of the bumper with just enough room to access the screw behind!! Its the little touches ;)

Chris

i didnt see this update, not bad looking good, what did you use to glue it on and are they still stuck on lol, any mores pics?

Funny enough, i used bathroom mastic so that it could be removed if it had to but they are still on perfectly and dont move when pushed, i jetwashed the car this morning and they didnt budge!! not a bad bodge :)

Chris

Yep, i havent seen another in the colour and it looks great in person, sometime red/sometimes orange!! It has a nice silver/black interior aswell which goes well. It really is a lovely car, if only it was mine :unsure:

Chris