A3 2006 TDi headlight bulbs

chrisn900

Reaction score
Is there a cheapish and easy way to obtain brighter, whiter light from standard fit headlights?
I dont want to go down the route of HID conversions and all that fiddly stuff.
What would be the best way to just get a bit more brighter whiter light from standard headlights ??
Thanks for any advice or help.
icon7.png

The closet look to xenons would be the Philips diamond vision h7 bulbs, used them and they look very good. The only drawback is that they are not legal in the uk as they aren't e marked if I remember rightly, that said I have never had a problem with the law or passing an mot with them fitted.

I had some bright white bulbs (cant remember name) fitted for a year or so until one of them decided to blow and the result was a lot of smoke coming from the headlamp, until I unplugged the blown bulb in a hurry! Now I've refitted the standard bulbs I find it much easier to see at night by miles! Maybe its just my eyes that dont suit the whiter light!?

I had some bright white bulbs (cant remember name) fitted for a year or so until one of them decided to blow and the result was a lot of smoke coming from the headlamp, until I unplugged the blown bulb in a hurry! Now I've refitted the standard bulbs I find it much easier to see at night by miles! Maybe its just my eyes that dont suit the whiter light!?

I know what you mean i tend to find these whiter bulbs are much better at night when it's dry, however when it's wet you do seem to get a white glare from the water on the road.