Anyone running Revo stage 2 on their 1.8tfsi ?

Dicko89

Reaction score
As above, i have tried searching the threads but can only seem to across the 8L or other threads just regarding stage 2 on other units etc.

be a different story if it was an s3 in question wouldnt it, every man and his dog jumps on an s3 thread, anything else clearly not deemed good enough ...

be a different story if it was an s3 in question wouldnt it, every man and his dog jumps on an s3 thread, anything else clearly not deemed good enough ...

Not really the best thing you could have written if you want advice.

Your post has been up 21 hours. Most people work and do not live on a forum.

Have you entertained the fact that many have not got a stg2 remap on that engine? Quite a few members on here have S3s with recaps so in all fairness there would be more chat. This isn't me being biased as I have the same engine as you!

Chill out a bit and see if anyone responds.

Reactions: Bryant1998, mister.c., S3Alex and 2 others
as above 21 hour ?
give it time iv waited days sometimes
but what do you want to know about the stage 2 ?

Maybe you should have tried harder at school and bought an S3.....:undwech:

Reactions: Boydie
as above 21 hour ?
give it time iv waited days sometimes
but what do you want to know about the stage 2 ?

21 hours exactly, been a member on various other forums and that would be laughed at, not just this thread that hasnt received any response, funny how it seems to be the certain unit in question, a mate of mine is a member on one of the mini forums and because he doesnt own a JCW just a 1.4 which he is in the process of modifying it gets little if no interest, wouldnt have thought this forum would quite follow suit.

Maybe you should have tried harder at school and bought an S3.....:undwech:

insurance was the issue, not my education, poor attempt at banter in all honesty soft lad.

like i said in my post what do you want to know about stage 2
and to be honest theres not alot of stage 2 revos on here

like i said in my post what do you want to know about stage 2
and to be honest theres not alot of stage 2 revos on here

thats why i tried searching through the forum to see if i could find anything before posting a thread but had no luck unforuntately.

just the individual gains as i only know of REVO themselves having once had a stage 2 sportback version running 240bhp region, just wanted a different insight in terms of day to day difference and what kind of feel it gives from stage 1 to stage 2 etc...

Not really the best thing you could have written if you want advice.

Your post has been up 21 hours. Most people work and do not live on a forum.

Have you entertained the fact that many have not got a stg2 remap on that engine? Quite a few members on here have S3s with recaps so in all fairness there would be more chat. This isn't me being biased as I have the same engine as you!

Chill out a bit and see if anyone responds.

i see where you are coming from in some respects, i understand it is not a popular or well sought after engine to say the least but i would have thought maybe one or two had went to stage 2 at some point but doesnt seem the case at the moment, like you say i will have to hang fire and see if someone pops up with some details.

iv only drove 1 stage 2 1.8 revo A3
and for me i wasnt to impresed thats just me tho
was to smooth for my likeing i like a more aggresive map
very fast very smooth and boosts to right up to red line
thats all i can realy say havent lived with 1 from day to day
im not disin revo but theres a fair few maps out there to think about 1 that comes to mind is jabba
iv got the stage 2 in a 1.8 golf and very aggresive yet smoth and very good as a daily driver
but again thats just my thoughts
also you will need to uprate the fueling and exhaust and maybe a decat cia's dont add much if anything apart from exrra noise

i see where you are coming from in some respects, i understand it is not a popular or well sought after engine to say the least but i would have thought maybe one or two had went to stage 2 at some point but doesnt seem the case at the moment, like you say i will have to hang fire and see if someone pops up with some details.

Love my 1.8 personally. Better economy than the 2.0, and with a remap its faster than it as well, while still retaining economy round town when you dont need the power. I recall you saying in my thread that you dont use the full rev range- is there really much point getting stage 2 in this case, as you arent accelerating as fast as you could anyway?

Dude i own a 1.8tfsi. Theres a reason replies were slow 1 because theres about 6 of us that i can count who have a 1.8tfsi and not a single one of us has stage 2 lol!

Dude i own a 1.8tfsi. Theres a reason replies were slow 1 because theres about 6 of us that i can count who have a 1.8tfsi and not a single one of us has stage 2 lol!

You've got a 1.8T?????

I ain't speaking to you anymore. Delete my number from your phone!

i also had the thought of going stage two but funds are limited.
with stage 2 you shuld see about 240-250 bhp. torque should be around 275 pound.
as your car is a 1.8 TFSI you would already have a good front mounted intercooler as standard.
you would need a CAI, a turbo back stainless steel exhaust system with a decat or a 100 to 200 cell sports cat.
at this stage you could go for a c ustom map or a stage 2 map from the likes of APR REVO JABBA OR BADGER 5.
Mapping has to be done by someone who knows what he is doing.
at this stage you ight want to stffen up the structure of the car with uprated front and rear antiroll bars
plus lowering by 40mm.
this would ensure that you can put alot of your precious power to the tarmac without slipping off in to the hedges.
plus some super gripping tyres like toyo proxies or yokohama if you have more money to waste.
i hope this helps.

haha that makes sense mate, you enjoying yours?

Love my 1.8 personally. Better economy than the 2.0, and with a remap its faster than it as well, while still retaining economy round town when you dont need the power. I recall you saying in my thread that you dont use the full rev range- is there really much point getting stage 2 in this case, as you arent accelerating as fast as you could anyway?

there is no reason to toe it everywhere, time and a place for that carry on, stage 2 for me is just taking it to the next level and seeing how far i can take the car etc..

with stage 2 you shuld see about 240-250 bhp. torque should be around 275 pound.
as your car is a 1.8 TFSI you would already have a good front mounted intercooler as standard.
you would need a CAI, a turbo back stainless steel exhaust system with a decat or a 100 to 200 cell sports cat.
at this stage you could go for a c ustom map or a stage 2 map from the likes of APR REVO JABBA OR BADGER 5.
at this stage you ight want to stffen up the structure of the car with uprated front and rear antiroll bars
plus lowering by 40mm.
this would ensure that you can put alot of your precious power to the tarmac without slipping off in to the hedges.
plus some super gripping tyres like toyo proxies or yokohama if you have more money to waste.
i hope this helps.

Stage 1 is already at 275lbs/ft torque region (according to REVO figures), i will be putting mine on a dyno next month to see what its pushing out, the CAI i will be going for is an ITG kit and a Milltek turbo back with high flow sports cat and downpipe, when funds are available obviously, uprated suspension is also on the cards to enable stability and practicality.

Hope I don't post too late....I' m an owner of a A3 1.8 tfsi CDAA sportback with revo stg2 ...

I have also on the car.....intercooler S3, Dp 76mm, HJS 200 cpsi cat, 70 mm exhaust from cat back. CAI from ITG and the carbonio stgII from maf to turbo. And front brakes from Cupra 345 mm.
The car is at about 250 Hp, with 440 Nm torque - 324 lbs/ft. What would you like to ask?

These are the official numbers from Revo

| A3 1.8TFSi Stage2

Last edited:
There are probably 50 tuned S3's or more for every tuned 1.8 TFSI, which is a shame as the 1.8 TFSI is a great engine. People will reply to what they know which is why the S3 threads take off quickly.

If you want stage 2 go for it, you will need a turbo back exhaust system and I'd get a CAI as well if you don't have one.

Get a grip......your acting like a small child because no-ones replied to you. GNJ's response nails it on the head.

lmaoo calm down soft lad, was simply impatient so watch the grief we can all set our lip up over the internet,

(actually no purpose to this thread as i may be going down the S3 route now haha!).

lmaoo calm down soft lad, was simply impatient so watch the grief we can all set our lip up over the internet,

(actually no purpose to this thread as i may be going down the S3 route now haha!).

You know what they say: If you can't beat 'em, join 'em :eyebrows:

I actually lmao at this thread. I picture him posting originally then sat hitting refresh on his computer waiting for an answer ,then after 21 hours of waiting by his pc for an answer he snaps!!!! Lol

Love it. Just buy an s3 if your power chasing mate.

Sean

plus lowering by 40mm.
i hope this helps.
Well i have a 8p 1.8tfsi stage 3 REVO IHI turbo upgrade, 76mm downpipe only and i am doing 165 wheel kw and 380NM on 95 RON pump gas and the map is on P1.

Hope I don't post too late....I' m an owner of a A3 1.8 tfsi CDAA sportback with revo stg2 ...

I have also on the car.....intercooler S3, Dp 76mm, HJS 200 cpsi cat, 70 mm exhaust from cat back. CAI from ITG and the carbonio stgII from maf to turbo. And front brakes from Cupra 345 mm.
The car is at about 250 Hp, with 440 Nm torque - 324 lbs/ft. What would you like to ask?

These are the official numbers from Revo

| A3 1.8TFSi Stage2
Not bad bud... I am doing 165 wheel kw and 380nm at 1650 above sea level. on 95Ron pump gas. only downpipe, GFB DV+, IHI golf 6 gti turbo and revo stage 3 file, set on P1

Has anyone done anything with a 1.8 8v quattro a3?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk