Conversion: 8p2 quattro sport to S3/S-Line hybrid

Adamantium

Reaction score
Thought I'd start a new thread just to show pics that would make this more easily searched.

A list of the mods is in my other thread.

Pretty much every bit you'd ask about changing has been changed.

I'm very happy with the results.

Before:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After:

I don't usually like copied s3s but that looks ok.
Needs skirts & brakes tho.

am not against getting the skirts actually - will look out for some of those.

Not sure why it needs brakes though, it's not a performance car despite hybrid turbo.

If I wanted to go fast I'd drive a different car!

Definitely want to remove the S3 badge though!

am not against getting the skirts actually - will look out for some of those.

Not sure why it needs brakes though, it's not a performance car despite hybrid turbo.

If I wanted to go fast I'd drive a different car!

Definitely want to remove the S3 badge though!

Its just me, I hate seeing big wheels with wee meeper brakes behind them.

Ahhh right, that makes sense.

Fair enough.

If the opportunity presents itself I might consider some.

I've spent quite enough in the meantime.

Nigel (NHN) is coming tomorrow to get the heated front and rear seats wired in, the headlamp washers, and the autodimming lights and rainsensing wipers. That should keep him busy.

Well Done Adamantium, that looks very nice. But i too would say needs the skirts but i'm sure this is already on ur list of things to do.

Thanks all,

Forgot to say thank you to NHN (Nigel) who will be coming back today to connect up the front and rear heated seats, the auto rain wipers and auto headlights, as well as the headlamp washer jets.

I now have heated front and rear seas - hooray!

Nigel connected up the headlight washer jets which work a charm.

Also coming home and leaving lights plus daytime running lights.

Rear washer jet and boot lock fixed too which was nice.

Next mods:

White DiS
S3 rear bumper with reversing sensors
S3 side skirts when I find some.

Thanks Adam, it does look much better for sure, fair bit of work involved in doing that car, loved every little bit of it, even fixing the undertray lol.

I'd like to thank your sister tbh for providing a fantastic location to do the work, very very kindly allowed me to make tea & even made me dinner one evening which was extremely kind of her, an absolutely lovely, polite & very kind person I have to say, she'll be getting a thankyou from Italy :)

I'll keep an eye out for the skirts mate, havnt forgotten you either, bumper still here & yours if want, will email you tomorrow.

Great car - I see you've got disappearing exhaust syndrome too :(

I tell yer, that rear valance was a real bar steward to fit, unbelievable how awkward it was to get into position, had to heat up, bend plastic etc etc before it would seat oem, but eventually popped in.

Was easier me fitting an sline valance to a sport upper, that was a pig, but easier lol.

Nige any idea if a standard sport chrome exhaust tip can be taken off and adjusted? Or are they welded on if they come from the factory?

How easy are the washer jets to get working? Mine aren't connected as I've been told I need a different fluid tank..

The ones I've seen were spot welded on mate, nothing a grinder wont take of, from personal experience :)

Going to sort exhaust but I suspect that will be after I buy that S3 bumper from Nigel.

Anyone want an S-line 3 door rear bumper complete with valance?