Pics of my A3 3.2Q today

Mmmm very nice. Those brakes are HUGE aren't they!?

Could do with a set myself since being remapped.

Not sold on that steering wheel at all though.

Lots of toys for you to mess around with.

Nice car Rankrotten. I like the third picture the way the background is out of focus. Anyone know where I can pick up one of those oil bags? Very handy.

The pictures of the Sat Nav were very interesting, whats the biggest size SD card you have tried to use with it?

[ QUOTE ]
The pictures of the Sat Nav were very interesting, whats the biggest size SD card you have tried to use with it?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm using two 1GB cards without problem even though the manual states 256MB as maximum. Next step is to get a 2GB card and try that.

[ QUOTE ]

Looking good!!! Not 100% certain they have done the right thing with the new S-line wheel but thats a personal point!

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I'm mistaken, it's NOT an S-Line steering wheel, but a 'new front grill' one.

You're right SB,that's not an S-line steering wheel.
They are perforated all over and have the S-line logo in the middle.
It's not an S-line car though.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You are correct that it's a standard Sport not an S-Line as all five wheels are different to that model (including steering wheel).

I've just noticed 3/4 of a tank of fuel gone in 137 miles !!!
Is that engine petrol-cooled ??!?!

Surely thst not right...what mpg is that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Surely thst not right...what mpg is that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not good. I'm on my third full tank of fuel and done 470 miles in total.

After that pic I managed to drive with a featherlight touch and the fuel warning came on at 174 miles but managed to coax a total of 203 miles out of the tank before I chickened out and pulled into a Shell station for more Optimax. Brim to brim was 53.48 litres consumed in 203 miles which gives a staggering economy of 17.26mpg - and that was not thrashing the car simply a normal mix of town and motorway driving.

Let's hope it loosens off a bit in time !!

Ballpark figures;

If the tank holds £40.00
A gallon is roughly £4.00
So 3/4 tank = 7.5 gallons which gives 18.26 mpg !!

That's a one man ozone hole right there !

That must be hard to justify,especially when your journey times from A to B are unlikely to be any quicker than us diesel drivers enjoying three times that figure.

I don't have a car, I have a hydrocarbon destruction device /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I heard Impreza's were bad.
I never thought an Audi would be worse.

Maybe those brake calipers are in-fact touching the inside of your rims, 18mpg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif is terrible especially as your running in.

What's the official urban cycle for that car ?
If you're getting below what Audi reckon is the 'worst case scenario' then surely you could ask the dealer to investigate.
I'd expect 18mpg from a lardass Merc or Jag,not a compact car with an engine that is hardly being stressed.

Mind you,it's Glasgow...

Ya sure some numpty isnae ripping yer tank o petrol wee a pipe there,by ra way big man... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Nice bottle of synthetic oil. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(oh yeah - the car looks good too. Wish I had sat nav)

I can get anywhere from 410 miles to 210 miles a tank, depending on how bonkers I get on the hinged smile pedal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rankrotten, my old R32 would do around 17 MPG, it didn't seem to improve, until i sold it at 10,000 miles.

You would think the R32 would do approx the same mpg at the A3 3.2. 17 is a bit on the low side though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

I know you have to cane it through glasgee, to avoid gettin ya wheelz nicked, but steady on mate. 17mpg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif, my mileage fee wouldn't cover that.

Official MPG for the R32 (3-door) are 17.2 (urban), 32.8 (extra-urban), 24.6 (combined), and when you floored it, was low teens or worse.

And Japper, my mileage fee didn't cover it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

My 3.2 (which i've had for a year) is averaging 24.6mpg and that is mostly driven hard. When thrashed it goes to around 18mpg, but on a steady motorway cruise, this can reach up to 32mpg.

Very nice car mate!!! the SATNAV looks a great bit of kit, was this an extra.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Slimbloke, does the engine loosen up fairly quickly and drink less with age?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly I have no idea... as it's a company car, I get to spend the money putting juice into it rather than paying for it, so end up taking no notice... I'm sure I've done 60-0 litres in 6.5 seconds though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

LOL, I should have kept my shares in BP.

Slug, it's a whopping £2,100 extra from a dealer but can be picked up on Ebay for £600 ish if you want to navigate down that route. Do a search for RNS-E

Would that system fit in my A3 8L model?

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, I should have kept my shares in BP.

Slug, it's a whopping £2,100 extra from a dealer but can be picked up on Ebay for £600 ish if you want to navigate down that route. Do a search for RNS-E

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah and the yanks get it factory fitted for $2,700. Gits /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Would that system fit in my A3 8L model?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes but you might need the canbus adapter for it which is also on ebay. Lots of info on the Navplus forum

Cheers for the pics - especially the closeups on the Nav. I've really been wanting to see those to help me decide.

hey there

nice car.

2 questions... what size brakes are they and are they any good??

why does the sat nav need sd cards?? whats the benefit? does look very cool though and i bet the engine sounds nice

s3banner2.jpg