Bought an RNS-E Mk2

8385HJ

Reaction score
I bought a unit through ebay recently for £300 off a seller selling it as buy now with best offer, i have looked at the persons feedback and seems to be genuine with a few RNS-E's but many other things as well like car parts. But im a bit skeptical to say the least, the seller has kept in touch and all and has a high feedback of 291 but, makes me wonder has anyone bought a genuine MK2 anywhere near that price?

it is a mk2 for an A3 from what i can gather some one please confirm the seller took pictures of the sticker on top of the unit as well as the front of the unit.

The part no is 8P0 035 193 B

Thanks,

Hussayn

Hi hussayn seens very cheap for a mk2 unit right part number ..

That is VERY cheap for a MK2....

Few things I would ask about the unit:

Where the unit came from?
Why the unit was removed from previous car?

There has been quite a few reports of stolen units, make sure you do the checks.

I would be slightly concerned at that price. I personally wouldn't sell my MK1 for that price.

If it all seems Kosher, you have got a very good deal!

Hi hussayn seens very cheap for a mk2 unit right part number ..

This is my issue you see, it seems all legit but it doesnt feel it if you know what i am trying to say. Thank you for the confirmation. Another question it was updated to the 2011 maps but the seller only had the 2009 cd will it work? or will i have to get a 2011 or 2012 disk?

That is VERY cheap for a MK2....

Few things I would ask about the unit:

Where the unit came from?
Why the unit was removed from previous car?

There has been quite a few reports of stolen units, make sure you do the checks.

I would be slightly concerned at that price. I personally wouldn't sell my MK1 for that price.

If it all seems Kosher, you have got a very good deal!

i know i compared the pricing to every other mk2 on ebay and it was atleast £150 cheaper than everything else.

The unit was removed from a damaged vehicle is what the seller said but the stolen units makes me feel edgy to be fair

Also the seller sold a similar one but had a completely different part number but was a mk2 for £400 a couple of days before i bought mine

Just received it today it works perfectly fine and is a genuine MK2