Interior trim opinions- brushed ally or piano black?

Ian_tdi

Reaction score
What do people think? It's a three door in mauritius blue......

Brushed Aluminium has more class.

I like yours Tim (that's what inspired me to ask!)

The only thing that puts me off is i remember I has a corsa as a hire car once and that had brushed ally look plastic!

The S line trim looks really nice in real life, but I actually prefer my Carbon wrap tbh. Like the fact it cost me £8 too :)

Reactions: MrWhItEwOlF
Haha fair enough!

Thanks for the opinion guys and gals!

both but many are going carbon
I think piano looks good in the centre

Brushed Aluminium :icon_thumright:

I have some brushed alu 5 door trims if anyone want to swap for piano? going to wrap them neway but if someone want them i'll swap

I have Piano Black on my BE. I think it looks ok but it shows up every bit of dirt/dust/finger print and cleaning it is a chore.

My dealer wouldn't allow me to spec it with brushed aluminium so I'm going to wrap all my trim in Carbon.

If you don't mind the constant cleaning then go for it.

I was thinking about wrapping it as i can do that myself...and was thinking about doing the door handles in piano black, the contrast on the ashtray and centre look nice in piano...may do my side trims carbon

Had mine changed from piano black to alu before picking it up. Had dealer do it as I couldn't spec it from factory on BE car.

Only so much dark finish I can deal with on the interior. If I couldn't have had it done I'd have wrapped them in 3M alu wrap or carbon-alu

I'd go with the brushed ally for sure. Lots of guys have swapped the Piano Black trims in their brand new A3/S3's over in favour of brushed ally as it doesn't show up every last little piece of dust like the black does. The ally is much more durable and less prone to scratching. Had Piano Black in my last car and it was a mare to keep looking nice and glossy. Every time you touch it, you can see your finger prints and me being a bit OCD would have to polish it off right there and then, lol. :wub: xx

Carbon wrap
d6017878.jpg

983e0a63.jpg

Reactions: MrWhItEwOlF
Where the knob from? i am looking into changing my gearstick,gaiter and handbrake to air leather if possible to match my fbmfsw

Where the knob from? i am looking into changing my gearstick,gaiter and handbrake to air leather if possible to match my fbmfsw

Think it's from the TT MK2, Fella. I remember Ash doing this mod a while back. :wub: xx

Just to show the difference between how the black and Silver Carbon can look, here's mine.

DSC05121.jpg

Ok cheers,

I'm not a fan of fake cf so wouldn't personally do it in either of those but I have to say I think I prefer the silver (which surprises me cos of the corsa thing mentioned above haha).

Tt gear knob looks good which I'm pleased about cos I've just got one off the bay!

Thanks guys and gals think my mind made up!

The thing I like about the CF I got is its actually textured not just print, so it feels almost fabric like. I dont think it would be a as nice (or look half as quality) if it was just printed.

I got some Aluminium Race trims from the rs3 from ebay for only £40 because one was missing, got the other one on order from the dealer and will fit them in 2 weeks when the other one arrives from the dealer. They are like a carbon fibre pattern on aluminium and look the business! How many posts do i have to do to be allowed to attach pictures as i want to show you a picture of the trims?

Chris

I got some Aluminium Race trims from the rs3 from ebay for only £40 because one was missing, got the other one on order from the dealer and will fit them in 2 weeks when the other one arrives from the dealer. They are like a carbon fibre pattern on aluminium and look the business! How many posts do i have to do to be allowed to attach pictures as i want to show you a picture of the trims?

Chris

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/general-chat/70593-how-post-pictures-forum.html

Anyone know any places to buy the brushed ally interior trim?

Anyone know any places to buy the brushed ally interior trim?

eBay or Audi are your best bet unless you are lucky and they come up on here

any ideas how much i should be paying?

I was quoted £800 to buy and have them change over before I get my car. (3 door) Personally I think that's a joke. That silver carbon looks great so think I may go for that.

Cheers,
Si

for oem the brushed ally is by far the best one I've got or did have piano in mine and it scratched like hell so i repainted mine in a custom colour but thats just me :wub: , for aftermarket i would say the silver carbon looks the business to be fair , time interior looks awesome

Tims interior looks awesome

Edited for you
laugh.gif
wub.gif
I am very happy with how mine looks now... with the carbon, Big Knob and S3 Gaiter. Just want some TT vents now!

Its crazy that Audi want so much for the OE trim, when for a tenner you can replicate it and as long as you wrap it well, it looks just as nice (IMO)!

Reactions: FranA3
Edited for you
laugh.gif
wub.gif
I am very happy with how mine looks now... with the carbon, Big Knob and S3 Gaiter. Just want some TT vents now!

Its crazy that Audi want so much for the OE trim, when for a tenner you can replicate it and as long as you wrap it well, it looks just as nice (IMO)!
lol soz dude you know what i meant , so tired today got woken up at 5am today by next doors metal drain pipe being blown off the side of the house in high winds , half of it crashing to the floor and half landing in the hedge i was a bit shaken up by it because my car was on the other side of the hedge so if that hit my car it would have done some serious damage as it was really heavy metal am still a little jumpy now lol I'm just so glad it didn't hit my baby would have been a bad day if it did

lol soz dude you know what i meant , so tired today got woken up at 5am today by next doors metal drain pipe being blown off the side of the house in high winds , half of it crashing to the floor and half landing in the hedge i was a bit shaken up by it because my car was on the other side of the hedge so if that hit my car it would have done some serious damage as it was really heavy metal am still a little jumpy now lol I'm just so glad it didn't hit my baby would have been a bad day if it did

I have some friends that just had a new Bentley delivered. within a week a tile slid off the roof of their house and hit the 3/4 panel!
banghead.gif
Luckily Bentley fixed it for free as a good will gesture! Anyway, on topic
laugh.gif

I have some friends that just had a new Bentley delivered. within a week a tile slid off the roof of their house and hit the 3/4 panel!
banghead.gif
Luckily Bentley fixed it for free as a good will gesture! Anyway, on topic
laugh.gif
ouch now i would be so mad if that happened but fixing it for free thats awesome , lol anyway soz about the mini hijack OP