Anyone with Ferrodo ds 2500 brake pads on s3??

swatchuk

Reaction score
Hi, I fiited the ds2500's to my S3 2 weeks ago. Ive done about 300 miles ish and the pads are still sqealing. Ive had these pads on all my previous cars and never had any problems with them. Just wondered if I should have broke off the outside pad clip as there wasnt one on the original pads??
Any advice would be appreiciated
Mark

I don't know about clips,but mine don't squeal at all,although they are used with VW Racing's brake kit.

the clip wont make any difference,some pads squeal and some dont,did you use some copper grease when fitting them?
i have had squeal issues on other cars and the only way i got round it was to chamfer the leading edges slightly

I would maybe pull them apart and give them some extra copper slip on the backs..

On a side note, where did you get your pads from? I'm gonna be doing the S3's front's next month and want some DS2500's :)

I did put copper slip on. I'll take them apart again I think and have a look. So annoying. I got them from Demon Tweeks. Paid £132 for them.

I don't have an S3 but I've changed the font brakes with one from S3.
I have Tarox f2000 rotors and DS2500 pads. After the first 2-3k miles there was no squeak and I tougth I was lucky. Eventualy the unavidable happend. I have a squeak when I'm stopping gently, just before complete stop. If I break hard, there is no squeak.
I understand that using a stiffening kit, like the one sold by Tyrol Sport, helps eliminating this noise.
I have the kit, I just have to put it on the car and see what happends.

Yeah that's when mine squeak mainly. But if they're hot I get a louder whine. What's this stiffening kit?? Did you take the metal clip off the outside pad??
Cheers