Owner with Factory Fitted Spoiler Needed

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Guys, my turn to ask for some help please.

Need 2 people with 20 minutes, hand tools & a factory fitted spoiler on a 3dr & on a 5dr as would like some pics please for research purposes.

Would only need to remove 2 trims, 4-6 screws & effort pulling trims of from there spring clips & then pics & replace parts as were.

You may get away with just pulling 1 trim of & pulling it aside for pics.

Telephone support can be given to remove if need be & its very simple so if not an expert doesnt matter, PM if willing.

Last edited:
what info you need nige? i did not have any fittings?
I stuck mine on with tiger seal like a dumb ***
just hope the brake light dont go or am screwed

Doesnt matter which as long as its a factory fitted as its bolted on not with sealant.

Yeah I have stuck mine on before, but with some work I'm doing I want access to the light.

S-line or Sport.....or doesn't matter?

Chances are mate, it will be the s-line Nige is looking for, as these were bolted on. If it is a sport model and people have put the s-line spoiler on after, then I would say they cut the lugs of the spoiler and attached using as mentioned above , tiger seal or similar.

I can see why you want the bolt on one, why did audi make 2 types?dont see the point of the other no bolt one

Doesnt matter which as long as its a factory fitted as its bolted on not with sealant.

You sure about that mate?
Every 3dr s-line spoiler i've seen has been bonded on (with tape) and also screwed on.
Not sure about 5 door ones.

mine is just bolted on. I'm bit under the weather but if you give me a day or two to recover. Perhaps I could install skpe on my touchpad for video purposes?

I'll get on this tomorrow afternoon for you Nige. Mines a 3dr S Line. Let me know if you already get one before tomorrow afternoon!

Thanks J, Marty has kindly been at it already, but it maybe good to confirm from a number of people, so yes if you can spare 20 minutes that would be great.

You sure about that mate?
Every 3dr s-line spoiler i've seen has been bonded on (with tape) and also screwed on.
Not sure about 5 door ones.

Yeah Ade, its actually got double sided sticky tape around the edges, but bolted on the edge of the boot lid.

mine is just bolted on. I'm bit under the weather but if you give me a day or two to recover. Perhaps I could install skpe on my touchpad for video purposes?

Sorry to hear that Ew, hope you feel better soon, yeah when you're good be nice to catch up.

Also we need some more 5dr people, N8 is on it tomorrow, but be good to confirm from others please.

Last edited:
its just a cold so should be right as rain in a day or two. I'm happy to unbolt mine too if need be - when I fitted it I wasn't sure how the foam bits were attached so I just temporarily bolted it on & that was over a year ago lol.

Ok I now have the data I need, I'd like to send out a great thanks to Jonny aka Jb00 for his 3dr info & N8 for his 5dr data, its confirmed 100% my belief of something, so will be useful for others when I post up at a later date, also for Marty for his help aswell :)

I tried, but was a busy day and lost the light before I could have a proper go at it.

Marty its all good mate, thanks anyway & I gathered it wasnt nice out so not a problem :)

This is how a 3 door S-Line spoiler looks new..

29.jpg

NHN you still need close ups of 5door i can get some up tomorrow

I have some from N8, but as yours is a facelift, then yes mate if you can please, just confirms across the years, just under the trims where the spoiler bolts to the boot lid.

TBH confirmed today you can pull the top trim away which pops 3 spring clips & allows a cam into the small area to see the bolts hidden away.

ill do it any way just the underside and the side on profile ?

Basically the trim that covers the spoiler bolts & the high level brake light wiring, just lift that trim away from the bootlid & see behind for the spoiler bolts please, thanks.