Is this a new replacement motor jobbie?

monster_munch

Reaction score
Job for today was to whip the tailgate trim off and check my rear wiper motor was alright as its a common problem.
It works fine and have had no problems, but prevention is the cure!
Judging by the pictures below there is obviously some leaking apparent, but not major. Does the motor still need replacing though?
If so, does anyone have an exact part number, is this the right part eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
Cheers in advance.

dsc00191ee.jpg
dsc00193mh.jpg
dsc00194cs.jpg
dsc00195k.jpg

Last edited:
Hi how did you get it off i took the star screws off and couldnt get the plastic trim off ? do you just have pull hard ? i was scared of breaking something.

2 torx scews and then you just have to use some elbow grease.
It is attached to the boot with 8 metal clips so you have to dislodge all of those.
I actually used a wooden spatula to prise apart the trim from the boot, once one of the clips is out, you can get your hand under there and the rest will follow.
When you refit it, make sure all of the clips are in the plastic trim and not are still attached to the boot.

Easy to do and that is the correct part. I should do it now before you get leakage behind the boot trim as that causes all sorts of problems.

Monster, I cant see from your avatar, but does your car have an original factory fit spoiler, if so for the purposes of research, can you check something along with photos for me please.

Yes I think I will order a new motor now, better safe than sorry. Audi want £95 for a motor!

NHN, I dont have a spoiler unfortunately, its a sport model, sorry.

Yeap sounds about right for the motor & thanks anyway.

Just a quick update in case this thread is used as a reference point in the future for the same problem.

I got on the blower to my local Audi dealership earlier and they have 2 motors in stock, I am collecting 1 in the morning, the part number is 8E9 955 711E (this replaces motors ending with B/C/D).

So tonight I have taken off the rear wiper arm ready for fitting the new motor tomorrow, and am leaving the spray nozzle in vinegar overnight so its nice and clear for refitting tomorrow.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tomorrows other job is to remove the engine undertray and put on the new fixings I got for it so its nice and solid in place.

Last edited:
Ok thanks would you say its hard to do then or easy?

Personally mate I would say this is an easy job. Im an aircraft engineer though, Ive done alot of in depth jobs like engine changes, so Im used to this kind of work.

I think with a little bit of care and think about what your doing, most jobs are achievable by yourself.

Im saving myself £70 (excluding vat!) not having this fitted at the dealer tomorrow.

Well spotted NHN, I will edit it now, Ive got numbers flying round my head and its also on the motor in the first picture so I have no excuse!

Quick update.

I picked up the new motor this morning from Audi, its all fitted, checked, and put back together again.

It was quite a simple job, and a top tip for removing the tailgate trim, a wooden cup coaster!! Put it inbetween the boot and trim and lever it apart, job done, no scratches or marks or damage.

Im not going to take the old motor apart and see why theyre so prone to this problem :readit:

Word of advice, where the pipe pushes onto the motor tip, stick some sealant, as even with a new motor, the pipe has been stetched as such to get it over the original tip end & I have seen it leak still because of this, very minutely, but better to prevent than to leave for another days work.

doing this at the weekend, did the vinegar trick work on the nozzle?

@NHN
you mean just some bathroom sealant or something more specific?

Last edited:
doing this at the weekend, did the vinegar trick work on the nozzle?

@NHN
you mean just some bathroom sealant or something more specific?

Leaving the nozzle in vinegar overnight did clear it nicely, I also poked a pin through the holes to ensure they were clear. My rear wiper now operates smoothly and perfectly, and no leaking apparent!

I have the same symptom - wiper starts when i turn on ignition and keeps going for a while before stopping at whatever position it feels like.
I'm going to pop the trim off this weekend to check the condition of it.
Being a total amateur at this sort of stuff (but keen to try anyway) - do I need to do anything with the electrics? Or is it just a simple case of disconnecting the motor?
Possibly a stupid question - but I'd rather be safe than sorry :)

There is 1 electric plug that goes into the pump, all you have to do is disconnect it and move it out of the way. And when your done, remember to connect it back up. Simples!