Console Bushes???

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
Just taken my car in for a service and have been advised that the rear console bushes of my wishbone need replacing at £164 supply and fit, due to "cracking", or was it "splitting".

I've read somewhere that "cracking" doesn't necessarily mean they need replacing. Not straight away anyway.

Anybody else suffered from this? What did you do and how much did you pay?

:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
Nope, 100% called them "console bushes". Googling it there are lots of mentions about them wearing on VWs/Audis.

Never heard of the word being used in that context before! It's an American word for things like a board with instruments on, or an English word meaning to comfort someone.
As the bushes that are being talked about belong in control arms, it seems to me to be a misnomer.....:think:

As the bushes that are being talked about belong in control arms, it seems to me to be a misnomer.....:think:

That is where you are going wrong. The bushes do not belong to the control arm, they belong to and sit in a metal bracket (called the 'console') that the control arm slots into, so they call the bushes 'console bushes'.

Well everydays a school day, but console bushes name seems a tad stretched, but alas, if they're cracked then it will make them more susceptable to road crap & therefore start to deteriorate quicker imho, so if you can handle the cost, I'd consider spendng for peace of mind.