Thoughts on price of 8p2 s3 I have found.

Lewbo

Reaction score
I currently have my 2007 a3 s line 2.0T 2010 s3 replica for sale,as I want an actual s3, I have always wanted an s3 the day I seen one few years ago, I have been looking around and have come across one and wondered what any thought on the price,
It's 2008 57 plate, grey, 35k fully loaded which Includes buckets, Bose, Bluetooth,auto wipers/ lights, coming home, Nearly very extra except privacy glass and lumbar support and sat nav but is up for 15k.
So basically every thing I have now except buckets would you sell mine up and get one or keep what I have now if you have seen my build thread all thoughts welcomed
Thanks lewis

Ohh i love my buckets ,,lol you can always tint the back windows for about 150 ...
6a886bf5.jpg

Well I test drove a 57 plate silver s3 today but only had heated seats, Bose and Bluetooth and was up for a little over 15k and done 39k so this grey one seems good and as for the test drive it was so nice to drive and pulled so well, such a different drive to my s line and after driving I really want an s3 god know what they must be like after a remap, need to get my car sold 1st :(.

I know fall in love with the silver one today but know there is better out there and have always wanted buckets :),

Get buckets if you can they just hug u

yeah buckets are a must in a S3 they just don't look as nice with the standard seats too much like the s-line seats for my liking , but if you find a nice car it is always an option to add them later but its best to get one with them already as they are a lot of dosh

Only 1 answer there me thinks. I went from a remapped 2.0 TDI SE to the S3 and there is NO comparison. Even though the SE had every conceivable extra the S3 puts a smile on my face every day.............grin factor of 10. Very good price aswell. Go get her.

Here are some photos of the car in question I am hopefully Going to test drive on saturday, only thing that is missing is rnse
653d7937.jpg

ba1ec774.jpg

887ea16e.jpg

bc02ace4.jpg

3ec3ceb6.jpg

Love those buckets always wanted some, what your thoughts on price of 15k, it's done 35k and is 2008 model.
Thanks Lewis

Should I try knocking them down if i like, my budget is 15k max so can go anymore

15k for pretty much the same car? For that price I'd buy a Bmw 335i coupe or Audi A5

get buckets. RNSe can always be retro'd! + you can go for a new RNSe rather than the mk1 dinosaur i have!

Thats a decent price for the car to be honest.. Its always worth bartering them to get money off, all dealers price cars expecting to be haggled on price, so its your duty to haggle! Good luck mate.

I would get an Audi A5 3.0 TDI and Chip it .....It would give an S3 A run for it's Money......Plus the Fact the New audi a3 is coming out this year...

and the Fact there not going to change the shape of the Audi A5 for a long Time........

I would get an Audi A5 3.0 TDI and Chip it .....It would give an S3 A run for it's Money......Plus the Fact the New audi a3 is coming out this year...

and the Fact there not going to change the shape of the Audi A5 for a long Time........

why would you compare TDI to S3? Madness!

Just the Torque alone would put a smile on your face :sm4: that's why. lol

shame it lasts only for such a narrow space of revs:]. Sold my TDI to get S3 and I dont regret it at all:]. Such a great car. No comparison untlill you hit a petrol station pumps;).

Last edited:

Just the sound of the V6 gives me Goose Bumps :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:

Just the sound of the V6 gives me Goose Bumps :blush:

its unrealistic to get 320 from just a remap. From what I know its 275bhp and them you would of need to remove DPF if you need further gains. Besides A5 in this flesh cost nearly RS3 money so choice is obvious:D.

Last edited by a moderator:
its unrealistic to get 320 from just a remap. From what I know its 275bhp and them you would of need to remove DPF if you need further gains. Besides A5 in this flesh cost nearly RS3 money so choice is obvious:D.

Nah Mate.:no:...no where near RS3 money....are you crazy?:motz: they go for around
£16,499.00 and above ...even cheaper in some places.

Not a bad price, though I know of a very well sorted fully modded S3 going up for sale

Nah Mate.:no:...no where near RS3 money....are you crazy?:motz: they go for around
£16,499.00 and above ...even cheaper in some places.

Brand new well sorted A5 61 plate costs about 36-37k so iswell specced S3 stage2+:] in other words and rs3 has listed price of 40k so not that far of.

Last edited:
Gonna be an E46, as much as I like the E92 they are a bit rich for my blood and I do love the rasp from the straight 6!

Thats a dirt cheap car you're looking at.

Mine is a Dec 07 57 Ibis white (the fastest colour just so you know) with 33k miles with Revo stage 1 software, H&R springs and a new Sachs organic clutch fitted 5k miles ago along with new DMF and concentric slave. I wouldnt part with mine for that kinda money!!

Hmmm - my AMD printout proves otherwise Paulo........:rock: