Matching new painted parts

*Müllërz

REVOlutionary
Reaction score
Hi all
My car is ibis white I recenly added the s3 side skirts
but the colour is much more brighter than the rest of the car
I have had the rest of the car buffed and clayed but still the skirts seems more brighter
Is there anything else i can do so all the car is the same?

Yes, a professional painter will (should) blow across other panels to match the blends, this is the issue with just painting individual parts.

I can not say much about the matching the paint BUT I want to say: SHOW US PICTURES of the car with S3 skirts! I'm planning to do this mod but can not be sure for ever!

:)

I have already created a thread pal search the forum
search button is your friend
but its not the best so...
google s3 skirts on se mouldings

Yes, a professional painter will (should) blow across other panels to match the blends, this is the issue with just painting individual parts.​

I did not need anything else painting so did not see the point, a will have a word with him see why he did not do it in the first place

BUT I want to say: SHOW US PICTURES of the car with S3 skirts! I'm planning to do this mod but can not be sure for ever!

:)

I cant see the point of this post tbh mate, there are thousands of pics of S3 sportbacks online with all colours to look at, what is the difference seeing on his car.

I cant see the point of this post tbh mate, there are thousands of pics of S3 sportbacks online with all colours to look at, what is the difference seeing on his car.

exactly....not that am a lazy sob :shrug:

I can not be sure about getting them or not.. So EVERY single MORE picture helps me / will help.. Every single angle.. This is the point of my post :)

More examples is better for a decession? :)

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread!

I can not be sure about getting them or not.. So EVERY single MORE picture helps me / will help.. Every single angle.. This is the point of my post :)

More examples is better for a decession?

Yes but search engines would show every possible single angle, also if you look in the 8P section there is a thread dedicated to various members rides to look at which would include S3's.

s3 sportback - Google Search

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/21390-post-pictures-your-8p-a3-s3.html

Yes, a professional painter will (should) blow across other panels to match the blends, this is the issue with just painting individual parts.

I asked the sprayer why did you not blow the side skirts in :motz:
he said he wasnt able 2 as its not the same as e.g door and wing. and there was nothing to blow into
then i started unzipping my trouser

He said the only thing that could be done was to keep polishing the rest of the car to match

Use another painter mate, guys an idiot if you ask me.

I asked the sprayer why did you not blow the side skirts in :motz:
he said he wasnt able 2 as its not the same as e.g door and wing. and there was nothing to blow into
then i started unzipping my trouser

He said the only thing that could be done was to keep polishing the rest of the car to match

I recently got the full near side of my Golf GT re-sprayed along with a new GTI bumper painted and fitted (Reflex Silver).. All matches perfectly without any problems. As said by NHN use a different painter.. a good painter will always get a good paint match and blend into joining panels.

the paint match just skirts looks more fresh, could also be due to them being plastic