S3 problems and questions.

cshy

Reaction score
Hello all,

Have recently gotten an 07 S3 with Sat Nav. When I try and use the buttons on the right lever to cycle through DIS...nothing at all happens. Why would this be?

Also, is it possible to easily 'acquire' 2012 maps on DVD?

Cheers

Have you tried the button under the stalk first?

2012 maps.... I've just bought a brand new Audi in November and it came from factory with 2011 discs so I don't think 2012 are out yet. Having driven through Slough the other day mine are already out of date!

I guess fleabay will be your best source of acquisition.

Nope not tried that but will at lunch time.

I take it the unit wont accept copied discs?

Whilst we can never endorse the use of copied Nav discs on ASN, I have heard from things I've read on the interweb that they do work as long as they are burned to a good quality DVD-R disc using the slowest burn speed setting. These copy discs get subjected to a lot of heat in the nav unit and can fail prematurely, especially when burned on consumer equipment.

Have you tried the button under the stalk first?

2012 maps.... I've just bought a brand new Audi in November and it came from factory with 2011 discs so I don't think 2012 are out yet. Having driven through Slough the other day mine are already out of date!

I guess fleabay will be your best source of acquisition.

Mine got delivered late December just before Christmas and it came with a 2012 Maps disc so they must be knocking around.

Hello all,

Have recently gotten an 07 S3 with Sat Nav. When I try and use the buttons on the right lever to cycle through DIS...nothing at all happens. Why would this be?

Also, is it possible to easily 'acquire' 2012 maps on DVD?

Cheers

Need to check as I may have got 2011 with all the speed camers for MK1 unit. Let me know if you'd be interested. Happy to send a copy if you cover p&p.

Happy for you buddy, Welcome S3 owner:]

Need to check as I may have got 2011 with all the speed camers for MK1 unit. Let me know if you'd be interested. Happy to send a copy if you cover p&p.

Happy for you buddy, Welcome S3 owner:]

Cheers. Yes that would be brilliant. How shall we do this? As mentioned further up it needs burned slowly to a high quality DVD, shall I buy one and post it to you in a self addressed envelope?

Also, sorted the DIS problem....reset worked a treat :)

Cheers. Yes that would be brilliant. How shall we do this? As mentioned further up it needs burned slowly to a high quality DVD, shall I buy one and post it to you in a self addressed envelope?

Also, sorted the DIS problem....reset worked a treat :)

Just pm me your address and I'll send DVDs over (Central + speed cameras and West standard 2011 disc) , you can then pay me if they work for you. Happy?