Duxback - Has anybody got any experience with this stuff?

Seems quite pricey for the length of life it provides. I've seen it in someone's sig with S3, but can't remember who.

I use Rain-X, and whilst it's unlikely to be quite so effective as this product it still provided better visibility than a regular screen.

I use halfords rain repellent, it won some awards a couple of years ago and is still the same product, lasts for months on my windows

Duxback lasts ages, also stops ice sticking to glass. Audi just had all windows (Double Dux) done and is my 4th car to have it applied to. Water beads around 30mph, ensure when applied it doesnt smear otherwise it will need reapplying, as per Duxback Cust Service (outstanding BTW)

Halfords Autocentres (was Nationwide) applied mine at Harrogate.

Can't fault it despite cost, Dad's car is still beading well over a year later.

Gets my vote over Rain-X & rain wizzard etc far better product.
http://www.duxback.co.uk/index.html

Last edited:
Used it on mine, very good product. If your driving over 40mph or so you rarely need to use the wipers.

Cool was going to get some ,but if it so hard to apply then maybe not..

When I had the Audi done a younger guy applied it and wasn't done correctly so Duxback offered to cover costs but Halfords redid the whole car FOC. They blamed cold weather & and residual gunk on the windows from the factory as they'd never treated a car with 12 miles on the clock before. Personally I think it was down to how it was applied, after chatting with Duxback & the more experienced guy who had done my old V50 & Dad's car.

I used what we called in the aviation industry - Repcon. Fantastic product with no fling off, no smeering and was guaranteed to remain on fast jet windscreens for months. If it was good at 500mph in the air then it was perfect for all driving conditions. I think I may have some left in my garage.

Dunno about you but don't think my A3 could muster 500mph :think: Also at altitude you ain't gonna get much road grime flicked up from the fast jet in front. :salute:

Last edited: