Diesel Conversion for A3 8P

Diesel Quattro

Reaction score
Hi guys, this has probably come up somewhere at some point. Ive read about people putting a diesel engine in the MK1 TT, but what about a diesel engine into a 3.2 quattro 8P???

I have been looking at it because the 3.2 nearly always has a good spec. has anyone done this, heard of it being done or know somewhere it can be done??

If a the petrol engine is quattro, does the diesel engine need to be from a quattro??

what about a manual engine into an automatic car?? prob wont work im guessing??

any help would be appreciated

aaron

Unfortunately you've posted this in the 8L section - a Mod will probably move it for you.

However I can't see the point - you can buy a diesel A3 quattro. The main 'ooh' factor for people putting a diesel in an 8N TT was that you couldn't buy one from the factory like that.

I dont see any point.

It'll cost a fortune to do, there will be tonnes of parts you'd never even considered that will be different and wont be easy to get hold of. It certainly wont be simply a case of bolting the engine in.

Once finished you'll find it much more difficult and expensive to insure than a real Derv (as it will be insured as a 3.2 with a modified engine, and a LOT of insurers wont even touch cars with engine swaps), and you'll have ruined its resale value too.

Just buy a diesel.