New Audi s3 excited

Lil ad9

Reaction score
Just joined here , and saying hello. Just waiting on the Svalbard to sort em selfs out and send me back my V5 for my clio 182 which is getting traded in for a sprit blue 2007 Audi S3. Was ment pick it up this week end but the dvla did t deliver so playing a waiting game at the min.

Hi and welcome to ASN. Enjoy the forum.

Hi Ad9

Moved your thread to 8P section as post 2006 they re 8P Mk2. Think 8L Mk 1 finished around 2003 ( but no doubt someone will be along to correct me in a minute!)

Hope you enjoy the new car. Very different to the fun/playful/revvy Clio so be interested to see how you find it day to day.

And welcome!

I have a lot of respect for the Clio Sport having encountered many at track events more than holding their own but I think you will enjoy what the S3 has to offer, just keep your eye on the Speedo as you may be surprised just how quick you are going despite zero drama - Enjoy !!

I plan to buy a dated Clio Cup early this summer to use a my track bit@h, this is how highly I rate them as a fun car :)

I was very tempted to keep and take it too some track days ( which I ve never done before ) but since it's a 182 FF i figured I d trade it in and if I ever went through with tracking a car , I'd go for a phase 2 172 cup , Cheap and very cheer full.
When I test drove the s3 the first thing I noticed was how nice and quite it was ( compared to the 182) well I find out more when I pick it up.

You won't be disappointed, the S3 does everything very well but goes about it in a stealth like way, the cabin quality is beautiful and something you will appreciate the more you drive it, get some pics up when it arrives and put some cash aside for the compulsory stage 1 remap LOL :)

Reactions: IceHanger
Compulsory remap I like that, think I'll keep it standard for a few months then when I get the stage 1 I'll be able to feel the difference and make it feel like its worth the money that bit more

Excellent choice of cars - a 182 and then an S3! The 182 is a simply outstanding hot hatch and so too is an 8P S3, although they're clearly at different ends of the market. I've owned all the hot Clios from the Mk1 16V through to a Williams, 172, 182 and 197 - in between, I had two big-bhp Fiat Coupe 20V Turbos.

The best thing is that the S3 mixes the handling of the Renaultsports (well...almost), with the straight line speed of the 20VT Coupe and then adds its own 4WD all-weather ability as the party piece. :)

Well pick me s3 up at the week end an all seemed well until.

Am no expert put since reading alot about the clutches not been that good am parity sure the clutch is on its way out. Every now and again just as the turbo kicks in the revs jump up as if out of gear . Is this the clutch slipping????

I'm taking it back Wednesday for their mechanic have a look so hope they get it sorted
Seems poor really on a 2007 car that's only done 32k.

Sounds like clutch slip mate. Chances are it's been previously mapped and driven hard! The std clutch doesn't put up with much before giving in!

If its been previously mapped what's the best way of telling??

There is a flash counter in the ecu somewhere, the dealer should know where it is, might have had a few flashes for OEM updates though so might not give you a concrete answer. Other than that dont think there is anyway to tell. You could phone the previous owner from the v5???

The clutch on these are so sh1t I think a car that is driven hard could burn its own clutch out in 30k. My first clutch in my 8P2 went in 11k (with map).

1) people don't buy S3's to hoon about
2) I bet a huge percentage of S3's get mapped as the cars not good enough out the box

Really sorry to hear of your issues, awful to suffer that in week 1. Best of luck getting it sorted, lean hard on them to sort it!

Well went nav to the dealer on Wednesday and try agreed to replace the clutch and fly wheel if needed, since then am having a a couple of other problems .
My drivers side xenon flickers quite abut and every now and again totally goes out and comes up with a dipped headlight bulb fault, would this be just a bulb or maybe ballist ect . I'll mention this and get them have a look when I drop it off.

And another problem only occurred this morning was an ESP fault and the car did t seem to drive write for a couple of mins then the light went off and all seemed fine, any ideas ????

Sorry to say I haven't buddy, but I'd be getting it back in to the dealer sharpish and getting all the problems sorted before they get any ideas about not fixing them for free.

Just my 2p after having 10k's worth of warranty work trying to be passed on to me!

Well late up date but dealer replaced the clutch and fly wheel and really loving the car , it's a fair bit more comfy than me 182 and the mpg is ent much different as long as you don't put your foot down.I ve got me car book in on a vag com tomorrow morning to try and find the fault on my head light flickering.Also just want it scanned for any potential problems.
Since I know a lot of s3 get remapped when my car gets scanned wil I know if it has been remapped or not??

log requested boost pressure when driving at WOT, will tell you if it has been mapped. i think standard is around 1bar

Thanks for the info will get them check that in morning much appreciated

Just read what I wrote before and it sounds like I compared my s3 to my 182 which i don't think is possible , not to slate a 182 but the s3 is a different class by far , love it . It's the first car I ve had with 6 gears and I love the fact that the car still pulls in 6th gear . Probably cause I was use to the clio witch only pulled when bouncing if the rev limiter

Sorry to hear that buddy! Really bad start however I hope all gets sorted soon I bet someone was giving the car hard time beforehand. Make sure you check ecu is clean and standard map is loaded. Just to ask did you not test drove the car before buying it?