fitting new dumbo wing mirrors?

kirsty76

Reaction score
can anyone tell me how to remove the dumbo wing mirrors an easy way, ive just ordered some and would like to fit them as soon as they arrive but i cant see how to remove them the older style where easy but there are no screws under the mirror do i just pull them off?

Yeah I know I can't just literally pull them off but on the 2007 model there were to screws to release the mirror then it was just a case of gently pulling the mirror off it doesn't seem to be the case on this model and that guide is installing heated mirrors not putting the actual mirror on has anyone with this car switched there mirrors for s3 ones.

The best route is to remove the whole door tops as per factory & then you have full access to the mirror fixings, dont just pull the wires through like others as the wires can get broken, also the replacements actually have a white plastic lug that can only be refitted to the door this route so as to not possibly catch on the window mechanisms.

If you're not comfortable doing this, then feel free to PM me if you need it done for you.

Reactions: Kelza
do you know if there are any guides on how to do this?