Condensation inside cabin

Vazza

Reaction score
I have recently noticed condensation on the inside of the cabin/windows of my 09 S3, so much so that I'm needing to wipe the inside of the windows with a towel if the car has been sat outside for a while i.e. in the morning and in the evening as I'm leaving work. Have only noticed it since December, which isn't all that surprising given the mild weather we had up until then.

In February last year someone drove into the side of the car, so it went into an Audi approved body shop for a new rear three quarter panel and respray but I can't find any obvious seal leaks. The car is still under extended warranty with Audi, so will be giving them a call in the coming days but would appreciate ideas on other causes of this?

Is it 'normal'? I don't remember having as bad a problem last winter?

Last edited:
I've had this problem too, so much so one morning I had to de-ice the inside of the windscreen!

a good mist repellent should help no end, rain x mist stuff is good, I've heard from juicy Jen that fog fight is very good too

If you use your air-con regularly it should keep your interior dry. If you don't use your heating, no air-flow gets through!