Ahhh, Dont you just Love Diesel Engines?

isnt that what mick drives for a living /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Pop's your not from the uk-mkIv's forum are you? That link seems to pop up quite a but over there...

Nice username BTW my cat's called Poppy...

"Pop's your not from the uk-mkIv's forum are you? That link seems to pop up quite a but over there..."

Nope. Was at a conference today and was passed the link from an Engineering student from the University of Bath.

"Nice username BTW my cat's called Poppy... "

Ta...

i want one for my house /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif just need wheels

The only problem is that it might make an A3 a little front heavy !

[ QUOTE ]
The only problem is that it might make an A3 a little front heavy !

[/ QUOTE ]

Just think of what it will pump out once Oettinger have chipped it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think the dsg box can handle 5,608,312 lb/ft at 102rpm

[/ QUOTE ]

Well can you imagine the size of the lever if that beast had a manual box /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Unreal!

Wish they showed the lathes and tooling machines... must be amazing!

[/ QUOTE ]

My elder brother is a skilled machinist and used to work in the heavy engineering industry machining major parts for the thames barrier etc. The machines that do the work for this arn't as big as you think, yes they're big but the machine unbolts and moves around the job, not vise versa as in std. machining.

Seen this link before, but it still impresses. The 50% thermal efficiency is a notable achievement, especially as cars tend to only make 25%, and I believe the steam engine just 10%!