Why? Because race car!

jdbvr6

Reaction score
Just drove 5 hours back to my University campus and since I am a poor college student, I made my own bug shield. It also prevents rock chips as well. :arco: A friend and I did the whole thing and we just had a little fun with the left over tape. I also repainted the inner part of my rear valence black to break up the silver a bit. On top of that I installed my European light switch today. American-spec A3's do not come with rear fog lights, so the switch allows us to enable them.

Just thought I'd share before I took it all off. Haha!
100_0476.jpg
100_0474.jpg
100_0478.jpg
100_0479.jpg

lol you all love those leather things on the bonnet

First up... poor college student? I can see cars there worth as much as my house, and yours is hardly cheap.

I don't get the attraction of covering your paint up to stop your paint from getting bug splats on it - what's the difference between a load of bug splats looking bad, and putting tape on your nice paintwork?

Loving the numbers though - maybe try it in British Racing Green/Gold? :p
greengold.jpg

Why not just wash it when you get back to uni? lol

Would like to have seen peoples reaction as you drove past

Could be tempted to do mine the rate I'm picking up stone chips from the gritting that going on round here!

Door numbers are ace!

get a clear bra. and oh sell me your wheels lol

I'm actually tempted to get a black front end wrap until winters over! 4 chips this week.

And the wheels, fraid they're already bagsied by Spin140 who has put in first offer if I sell up!

Yep. Hate the line it leaves but much less unsightly than white pits!
its a ****** good idear mine is store chipped to death on the bonnet and bumper i would get its done mate for sure jeat sealed it today.
let me know if sale falls though please

let me know if sale falls though please

Will do mate, these cost well into 4 figures just for the alloys (over £2k with tyres), so unless you're desperate for OEM 19's the aftermarkets are much cheaper. If you really want a set I may be able to source you some, but it might take a couple of months and a security deposit would be required.

Oh I thought you meant the new 19" rotors! The 18's are staying for when the car gets sold mate, 19's will be going to Spin140 when car gets sold later on!

ohhhh sorry i wanted the 18's
i have seen some of the fake rotors they look like crap. have you seen any decent fake rotors ?

**** they are cheap wonder if ?
they are heavier
the real centre caps fit
wheel nuts fit off the oem

is it just me or are they half painted ( look at the dish)

Pass, hard to say without seeing. For the money they are a steal!

someone check i am not loosing my mind please

look at this pic it looks to me that about 2 inches in they stopped the paint?
$(KGrHqJ,!i4E5d(EFcNIBOfH8n()P!~~60_12.JPG

now on some from an a5 ( same style they also look they the paint stops ?)
a4-2-1-2.jpg

now an rs3 look like the paint stops am i right ?
Audi-RS-3-Sportback-wheels-588x380.jpg

It might just be the way the lights hitting it. For that price you could take a punt and put them back on ebay if it doesnt work out, but they do look pretty decent!

Reactions: nally
I don't think they could sell them half painted. Worst case you could get the innards finished to your colour preference for very little cash and still be much cheaper than OEM. Audi wanted £2800 for 19's of these, so I can imagine 18's aren't going to be less than half that money.

At that price these are a giveaway! (@Box500: know they're not real, at that price we were hoping they were painted!)

Theres quite a few sellers doing this style, company called hotline wheels do a set look very good from the pics. I have bought my last two sets of alloys from them free locking nuts next day delivery and centre caps and tyres. Good service, recommended.

I like your DIY bra.

If I ever drive round spain or scotland again I'm going to get a bra or some form of wrap.

The bugs are not a problem but the stones are and the cost of a bra is cheaper than a respray and worth it for the longer trips.

I don't think they could sell them half painted. Worst case you could get the innards finished to your colour preference for very little cash and still be much cheaper than OEM. Audi wanted £2800 for 19's of these, so I can imagine 18's aren't going to be less than half that money.

At that price these are a giveaway! (@Box500: know they're not real, at that price we were hoping they were painted!)

set of summers lol no good for winter being dimond cut