Sky InsuranceBadger5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cheese

Thread: Anyone with Shark or AMD/Revo S3 remap in Berkshire?

5th Gear

Status

Anyone with Shark or AMD/Revo S3 remap in Berkshire?

Hi guys would someone be so kind and take me for a quick spin in their car so could finally make my mind up. Hasitating a bit between Shark and AMD/revo, money wise Shark is good deal atm but not sure if its agressive enough for my needs:]. Would be great if someone could of help me out. Happy to put petrol money, buy a lunch or borrow my missus for a weekend.

Cheers
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I have an AMD remap. It is Stage 2. Not a great demo car as I am having intermittent clutch slip at the mo...
    jsh likes this.
    Audi S3 8P3 | Milltek TBE | AmD Stage2 | H&R ARBs | Bilstein B14 Coilovers | Sachs Racing Clutch

Rarely neutral

Status
    You do know that Revo will let you try their software on a demo basis?

2nd Gear

Status
    I am in Gerrards Cross, Bucks and am going with Revo. I have been in S3 8p's with AmD and they are very good but in my opinion not quite as agressive as Revo. I had Revo on my 8L and it was undoubtedly the best £400 I have ever spent on a car mod.

Not sure about Shark but I will be getting my Revo done next Friday when I am back from the States.
    Now: 2009 S3 8P3 DSG. Mods: Revo Stage 2+, TBE, Autotech HPFP, Revo CAI, Cruise control, LED interior lights upgrade, Rear DRLs...
    Previously: 2001 AMK S3, Silver, Revo Remap, Milltek DV, KW Springs & Shocks, H&R ARB.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    You do know that Revo will let you try their software on a demo basis?
    I didnt know will try to give them a call and see what they can do for me then if not I will nag Forbzeee once hes back fro States.
    Last edited by RedDejavu; 13th January 2012 at 18:26.

Now:

/ Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDejavu View Post
    I didnt know will try to give then a call and see what they can do for me then if not I will nag Forbzeee once hes back fro States.
    Revo | Audi

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Why not give Simon @ amd surrey a shout, top bloke, great tuner.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Might I suggest that a few of us in the area meet up one weekend or evening? RedDejavu wants to have a go in a Revo and AmD tuned car. I would be keen to be taken out in a car with a Bilstein coilover set up (or similar) before I shell out...

I live near M3 J4 and work 9 - 5 around M4 J10.
    Audi S3 8P3 | Milltek TBE | AmD Stage2 | H&R ARBs | Bilstein B14 Coilovers | Sachs Racing Clutch

Status
    Given the expense of modifications these days (e.g. 400 for a filter and drainpipe!) it would be good to get to see some other members efforts and experience them as a passenger. Used to have a Bracknell meet at SCN years ago to compare notes.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

5th Gear

Status
    Had a chance to use one of mine mates S3 with revo map and I must say its phenomenal! Absolutely how S3 should came out of factory. So aggressive and punchy. There is some extra noise as well! Defo gonna get it next month. I just pray for no hesitation issue
    Last edited by RedDejavu; 15th January 2012 at 20:13.

Now:

Status
    Spot on, good choice!!

Before you buy check what deals are about as there have been free SPS deals and money off deals.

1st Gear

Status
    I had the Shark remap on Saturday...it's outrageous! I absolutely love it! It's like night and day to be honest...and the extra noise from the boost is awesome...although I bet my neighbours don't think so lol. Either way, I don't think there is much in it between Revo and Shark. I'll be creating a thread later today about my whole experience with Shark and how the car feels now.
    Also...I seem to have avoided the dreaded hesitation issue though I did change the plugs straight after it was mapped it should be noted.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andywaddy View Post
    Also...I seem to have avoided the dreaded hesitation issue though I did change the plugs straight after it was mapped it should be noted.
    Good news. I think in most cases it takes a while to surface unless your plugs have done big mileage.

Good to see its hitting the spot!

5th Gear

Status
    Shark seems good alternative but REVO STS is so easy and efortless to use its incredible. You cant really go wrong with them.

Now:

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_cox View Post
    Good news. I think in most cases it takes a while to surface unless your plugs have done big mileage.

Good to see its hitting the spot!
    Yeah on the face of it everything seems hunky-dory which is good news. The car itself has only done 1600 miles so I probably didn't need to swap the plugs out but I just thought better to be safe than sorry.

I keep trying to find roads with rows of tall buildings/houses because the noise is bloody lovely! I don't know if it's just a placebo effect but the exhaust note seems to have gotten drammatically louder and I can't get enough of that turbo whirl!

All in all, a job well done.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I'm also looking to get a remap guys..sorry to go off thread a bit but do insurance companies charge more for remaps?

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Glad your happy Andy!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
    I'm also looking to get a remap guys..sorry to go off thread a bit but do insurance companies charge more for remaps?
    Normally about an extra 10%.

5th Gear

Status
    depends who you are with, normally I pay extra 30-40 odd quid

Now: