Anyone with Shark or AMD/Revo S3 remap in Berkshire?

RedDejavu

Reaction score
Website
www.sunnytree.co.uk
Hi guys would someone be so kind and take me for a quick spin in their car so could finally make my mind up. Hasitating a bit between Shark and AMD/revo, money wise Shark is good deal atm but not sure if its agressive enough for my needs:]. Would be great if someone could of help me out. Happy to put petrol money, buy a lunch or borrow my missus for a weekend;).

Cheers

I have an AMD remap. It is Stage 2. Not a great demo car as I am having intermittent clutch slip at the mo...:scared2:

Reactions: jsh
You do know that Revo will let you try their software on a demo basis?

I am in Gerrards Cross, Bucks and am going with Revo. I have been in S3 8p's with AmD and they are very good but in my opinion not quite as agressive as Revo. I had Revo on my 8L and it was undoubtedly the best £400 I have ever spent on a car mod.

Not sure about Shark but I will be getting my Revo done next Friday when I am back from the States.

Why not give Simon @ amd surrey a shout, top bloke, great tuner.

Might I suggest that a few of us in the area meet up one weekend or evening? RedDejavu wants to have a go in a Revo and AmD tuned car. I would be keen to be taken out in a car with a Bilstein coilover set up (or similar) before I shell out...

I live near M3 J4 and work 9 - 5 around M4 J10.

Given the expense of modifications these days (e.g. 400 for a filter and drainpipe!) it would be good to get to see some other members efforts and experience them as a passenger. Used to have a Bracknell meet at SCN years ago to compare notes.

Had a chance to use one of mine mates S3 with revo map and I must say its phenomenal! Absolutely how S3 should came out of factory. So aggressive and punchy. There is some extra noise as well! Defo gonna get it next month. I just pray for no hesitation issue

Last edited:
Spot on, good choice!!

Before you buy check what deals are about as there have been free SPS deals and money off deals.

I had the Shark remap on Saturday...it's outrageous! I absolutely love it! It's like night and day to be honest...and the extra noise from the boost is awesome...although I bet my neighbours don't think so lol. Either way, I don't think there is much in it between Revo and Shark. I'll be creating a thread later today about my whole experience with Shark and how the car feels now.
Also...I seem to have avoided the dreaded hesitation issue :) though I did change the plugs straight after it was mapped it should be noted.

Also...I seem to have avoided the dreaded hesitation issue :) though I did change the plugs straight after it was mapped it should be noted.

Good news. I think in most cases it takes a while to surface unless your plugs have done big mileage.

Good to see its hitting the spot!

Good news. I think in most cases it takes a while to surface unless your plugs have done big mileage.

Good to see its hitting the spot!

Yeah on the face of it everything seems hunky-dory which is good news. The car itself has only done 1600 miles so I probably didn't need to swap the plugs out but I just thought better to be safe than sorry.

I keep trying to find roads with rows of tall buildings/houses because the noise is ****** lovely! I don't know if it's just a placebo effect but the exhaust note seems to have gotten drammatically louder and I can't get enough of that turbo whirl!

All in all, a job well done.

I'm also looking to get a remap guys..sorry to go off thread a bit but do insurance companies charge more for remaps?