Facelift Difference

cecilthesausage

...It's Never Finished...
Reaction score
Just a quickie lads and lasses... What's the difference between the facelift 58 plate s3 and the previous s3,s.... Cheers Rob

Led DRL's
Slightly different bumpers
Slightly different centre console
White DIS
Different Wheels
Newer RNSE

cant think of anything else!

I'm going to treat myself to an 8p S3 and just wondering what the difference was... Going to retire my 8l S3 and turn it into project car. Not that I have that much left to do on it anyway....

There are a few other subtle changes like:

Tyre pressure monitoring system set up is now in DIS rather than a button on the dash
AMI replaces the iPod dock (means later cars get to use USB HDD or iPod with cables), and you get info on display of RNSE from the device
DIS has Eco function (shows suggested gear, and how much fuel is being used by ancillary electricals like heated seats / AC)*
The wing mirror fold up not in*
DIS allows you to set up more car options (coming home light timings/footwell lighting brightness/wiper adjustments etc.)*
You don't get a spare wheel as standard (Tyre foam / compressor)
The driver head rests don't seem to tip forwards / backwards in the later cars
You get a nasty fabric service book holder rather than the faux leather ones!

*not sure if these amendments are on 58 cars on more recent

There are a few other subtle changes like:

Tyre pressure monitoring system set up is now in DIS rather than a button on the dash
AMI replaces the iPod dock (means later cars get to use USB HDD or iPod with cables), and you get info on display of RNSE from the device
DIS has Eco function (shows suggested gear, and how much fuel is being used by ancillary electricals like heated seats / AC)*
The wing mirror fold up not in*
DIS allows you to set up more car options (coming home light timings/footwell lighting brightness/wiper adjustments etc.)*
You don't get a spare wheel as standard (Tyre foam / compressor)
The driver head rests don't seem to tip forwards / backwards in the later cars
You get a nasty fabric service book holder rather than the faux leather ones!

*not sure if these amendments are on 58 cars on more recent

my 58 has those highlighted ( mines a TDI tho just to give you an idear) one of the eirlier 8p3's. disguised as a 61 plate ( private plate, no mot sticker on show, hopfully no one notices the dumbo's