Strange Unlocking Problem

8385HJ

Reaction score
It is intermittent but is starting to get more common.

Basically on New Years Eve, i was in nottingham and left my car in a parking lot outside the place i was going to, basically the police were called as some people tried to open car doors i have a suspicion they tried mine quite hard.

Since then when i have unlocked the car, there is a big problem with the drivers door it doesn't seem to unlock whereas there is no problem with the other doors and i have to use the key to unlock the door it is starting to happen a lot more. Sometimes it works with no issues opens straight away but more often is startin to not unlock.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

Hussayn

Have you got, or have access to a handheld code scanner or vcds? Might be worth plugging one in and checking if theres any fault codes.

Is there any visible damage to your door or the lock? I had some scrotes break into my car once through the barrell lock with a screwdriver, but there was very little damage visible.

Have you got, or have access to a handheld code scanner or vcds? Might be worth plugging one in and checking if theres any fault codes.

Is there any visible damage to your door or the lock? I had some scrotes break into my car once through the barrell lock with a screwdriver, but there was very little damage visible.

Unfortunately i dont have either, the car is going into audi on wednesday lets see what they say.

There is no visible damage but it doesn't sound quite right like somethings loose.

It cant be a handle cable issue as thats got nothing to do with the locking side.

I reckon the canbus wires have been damaged on that door somehow as its not getting a clear signal via convenience module to the door module to unlock.

Using the door key hole itself uses microswitches to signal the door module to unlock, so doesnt need to unlock that door via canbus wires through cars network,

But, test this, dont use remote at all, goto the drivers door & unlock car this way with the key & see if the other doors unlock, as if its the canbus wires, then it will stop the signal going to rest of car fully to unlock, may have to test this numerous times as its intermittant fault so could be a wire short.

It cant be a handle cable issue as thats got nothing to do with the locking side.

I reckon the canbus wires have been damaged on that door somehow as its not getting a clear signal via convenience module to the door module to unlock.

Using the door key hole itself uses microswitches to signal the door module to unlock, so doesnt need to unlock that door via canbus wires through cars network,

But, test this, dont use remote at all, goto the drivers door & unlock car this way with the key & see if the other doors unlock, as if its the canbus wires, then it will stop the signal going to rest of car fully to unlock, may have to test this numerous times as its intermittant fault so could be a wire short.

Thank you Nigel i shall try this tomorrow. If it is how would i fix this?