Volks AutosEM Tuning
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    98

    Strange Unlocking Problem

    It is intermittent but is starting to get more common.

    Basically on New Years Eve, i was in nottingham and left my car in a parking lot outside the place i was going to, basically the police were called as some people tried to open car doors i have a suspicion they tried mine quite hard.

    Since then when i have unlocked the car, there is a big problem with the drivers door it doesn't seem to unlock whereas there is no problem with the other doors and i have to use the key to unlock the door it is starting to happen a lot more. Sometimes it works with no issues opens straight away but more often is startin to not unlock.

    Can anyone shed any light on this?

    Thanks

    Hussayn

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    monster_munch's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    149
    Have you got, or have access to a handheld code scanner or vcds? Might be worth plugging one in and checking if theres any fault codes.

    Is there any visible damage to your door or the lock? I had some scrotes break into my car once through the barrell lock with a screwdriver, but there was very little damage visible.

  4. #3
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    northants
    Posts
    165
    get the cable that is attached to the handle checked for the correct adjustment

  5. #4
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by monster_munch View Post
    Have you got, or have access to a handheld code scanner or vcds? Might be worth plugging one in and checking if theres any fault codes.

    Is there any visible damage to your door or the lock? I had some scrotes break into my car once through the barrell lock with a screwdriver, but there was very little damage visible.
    Unfortunately i dont have either, the car is going into audi on wednesday lets see what they say.

    There is no visible damage but it doesn't sound quite right like somethings loose.

  6. #5
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by towcestervag View Post
    get the cable that is attached to the handle checked for the correct adjustment
    Would i have to go to audi for this?

  7. #6
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    26,776
    It cant be a handle cable issue as thats got nothing to do with the locking side.

    I reckon the canbus wires have been damaged on that door somehow as its not getting a clear signal via convenience module to the door module to unlock.

    Using the door key hole itself uses microswitches to signal the door module to unlock, so doesnt need to unlock that door via canbus wires through cars network,

    But, test this, dont use remote at all, goto the drivers door & unlock car this way with the key & see if the other doors unlock, as if its the canbus wires, then it will stop the signal going to rest of car fully to unlock, may have to test this numerous times as its intermittant fault so could be a wire short.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  8. #7
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    It cant be a handle cable issue as thats got nothing to do with the locking side.

    I reckon the canbus wires have been damaged on that door somehow as its not getting a clear signal via convenience module to the door module to unlock.

    Using the door key hole itself uses microswitches to signal the door module to unlock, so doesnt need to unlock that door via canbus wires through cars network,

    But, test this, dont use remote at all, goto the drivers door & unlock car this way with the key & see if the other doors unlock, as if its the canbus wires, then it will stop the signal going to rest of car fully to unlock, may have to test this numerous times as its intermittant fault so could be a wire short.
    Thank you Nigel i shall try this tomorrow. If it is how would i fix this?

  9. #8
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    26,776
    Fix the wires.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. strange problem??? help..
    By viciouscycle360 in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16th December 2010, 15:07
  2. Door Unlocking Problem..
    By jb0o in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 5th November 2010, 08:22
  3. strange problem help
    By jamie226bhp in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26th June 2010, 07:38
  4. Boot unlocking problem
    By redbutcher in forum VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 31st August 2008, 17:39
  5. Strange problem
    By daz2347 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30th August 2007, 09:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO