I'm a bit of a newbie to this forum, having just come from a 3-door fully-loaded BMW to a more practical 5-door S3. Overall impression is that I love driving it however there are a few minor niggles inside the car (which I think BMW might be better at) and I was wondering if these are easy to fix or sort out.
1) Volume on the RNS-E always goes up when starting the car...this is a bit annoying as I always have to make it quieter. It also ocassionally has a mind of it's own going slightly louder and quieter in tunnels/slower/faster roads etc.
2) There's no indication of how loud the RNS-E is.
3) RNS-E always starts up on Nav directions page or radio page. It never starts on my Radio memory page or on the map, so always having to fiddle changing it.
4) No auto-on of lights. Always have to switch them on/off manually plus the annoying buzzer when left on rather than them being switched off automatically when the ignition is switched off.
5) The 'chain' system on the door hinge. It opens in stages - I'm always conscious of the door swinging open and hitting the car next to me.
6) Putting foot down doesn't give that instant power/shot up the backside...a very very slight delay for the first few '000 revs mainly in 2nd+ gear (although I'm guessing this is common in single turbo cars). I'm also guessing that chipping the car would solve this.
7) Changing phones wipes out the old voice recordings on the contacts list....r did I do something wrong here?
8) Light scratches on the 'piano black' inserts. Are these easy to polish out with a very fine polishing compound?
9) Noway to control both dual climate controls from one, ie. they can't be linked. Always have to control both separately.
10) No damn cupholders! Where do I put my coffee ? 8-)
Sorry to seem like a moany git but these little things all add up on what would make the perfect car even more perfect for me!