HELP - Wiring expert needed. Any recommendations?

MacrosTheBlack

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a garage or someone in the South East who could change over this lead on my May 2008 S3 for me?

To cut a long story short, my local Audi dealer damaged this lead a while back. They decided to cut the existing lead along the brake sensor section and repaired it using crimp connectors and some tape. Repair was good for a while but now the brake pad sensor warning flashes up on the dash all the time. Very annoying!
:banghead:

I have no faith in my local dealers and do not want them replacing the lead. I have a friend who's a mechanic and we checked out the pads and discs to ensure it's definitely the lead at fault, which it is. Even tried repairing again and wrapping the freshly joined section with some rescue tape (good stuff) to make it more secure and less likely to fray around the connectors which is what happened after the Audi dealer repair, helped for a bit but still getting the warning on the dash fairly frequently now.
:(

I sourced a replacement OEM lead myself but as it looks like it needs wiring directly into the loom (??) I don't fancy trying to tackle it myself and need a professionals help. Feel free to fire away with recommendations, be very gratefully received......

Here's a pic of the replacement wire and the full part details from sticker:

8P03
Poland
CFM
8P0 927 903
ABS/BVA/GDL
8P0 927 903
TS1500-10
18.06.2010 12:13:20

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

Last edited:
Try sending a PM to user NHN, I think he's down that way somewhere. He may be able to help.

Send me a PM mate as I'm in East Sussex & travel around so could come to you to resolve, sure I can sort this for you.

Its abs, brake & headlight levelling module.

Just to finish this thread. I spoke to Nigel and arranged with him to come out and fix in the new brake, abs and headlight wiring loom. He was there bright and early on a freezing Sunday morning and got stuck in ripping the old damaged lead out and in with the new.

Definitely the right man for the job and it's been good as gold so far with no more annoying brake pad warning random pop ups. Many thanks again Nige. Can now enjoy the car again :thumbsup:

Absolute pleasure to help you out mate, it was a pita for you based on what I saw, but it would appear we've nipped it in the bud, great to meet you & many thanks for the tea & bacon sarnie :)

I cant believe the dealer left it as that tbh, but alas.