Hi all this is my first time here and been looking
    for a while at all the links, and this seems to be the
    Place for some advise!!!!
    I have a 2006 A3 8pa 2.0 tdi 140 I have just had it
    Remapped to 172 bhp but want to go to the
    Next stage and take it to 250+
    what mods should I be looking at before I go
    This far??
    You are better saving your dosh to replace your engine when it goes....

Seriously tho, if you want that type of power have you not considered an S3?
    nally likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    I was going to be cheeky and say a petrol engine, but realistically, hybrid/bigger turbo, possibly injectors, updated clutch, brakes, suspension, exhaust. That should get you nicely there
    RedDejavu likes this.
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

5th Gear

Status
    TDI wont give you much fun factor due to diesel characteristic therefore petrol engine would be much better option unfortunately and tbh the money you save on mods can go towards some nice 2.0T quatrro example. If you need power though and some good fuel figure change to 3.0TDI its nice and fairly powerfull engine so you can have some from both worlds.
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

flying oyster

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDejavu View Post
    TDI wont give you much fun factor due to diesel characteristic therefore petrol engine would be much better option unfortunately and tbh the money you save on mods can go towards some nice 2.0T quatrro example. If you need power though and some good fuel figure change to 3.0TDI its nice and fairly powerfull engine so you can have some from both worlds.
    i have big fun in my tdi car goes like stink for a lowly diesil !
    S3 8L ming blue westys old car shed loads of mods

Neutral

Status
    You will need an S3 basically

But seriously taking a diesel that far isn't wise, you will start to see a rapid drop in mpg and everything will start to wear a hell of alot quicker. I asked the same questions to the guy at REVO and he said exactly what I and many others have said it's just not worth it after stage one only replace what needs replacing.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the comments!!
    i like the challenge of the diesel over petrol and having already got a diesel why not mod it!!
    the car will be going in today for induction kit, cam belt, turbo clean and 230ish remap.
    on order is hybred turbo, uprated injectors, coil overs and brenbo's. not sure about having head done yet!!
    full body kit will have to wait for a while but a must i think, i want it to look like the club sport but in black!!
    trying to get hold of a S5 leather interior in black but to much at moment.

"Started From The Bottom"

Status
    Does anybody know what's the highest BHP that any one has got out of a 2.0 TDI on ASN ?

6th Gear

Status
    There is no way you're going to get a 230BHP remap unless you put a hybrid on, is that what you are having done today?

If you remap the car on the standard turbo to 230BHP you won't even get home before it's popped.

Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AidenUK View Post
    There is no way you're going to get a 230BHP remap unless you put a hybrid on, is that what you are having done today?

If you remap the car on the standard turbo to 230BHP you won't even get home before it's popped.
    Aiden is right we have seen people blowing there turbo after a remap to 178bhp surely your installing the hybrid turbo along with the other extras then remapping to suit what you have installed afterwards. Which then you can tweak to your liking i.e more aggressive or smooth power delivery.
    SPEC: ebony pearl black ~ auto lights ~ auto wipers ~ half leather/suede interior ~ armrest ~ anti dazzle rear mirrior ~ coming home/ leaving home function.

MODS: flat bottom steering wheel ~ bluetooth ~ cruise control ~ rns-e ~ MY09 rear lights ~ s3 pedals ~ s3 air vents ~ LED interior light pack ~ facelift buttons ~ dension ~ SDS ~ Aliminium inlays ~ full grille conversion.

FUTURE MODS: lower ~ black edition rear ~ s-line/facelift front ~ black headlining ~ BBS CH-R or Speedlines.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Injectors.

4th Gear

Status
    did mine a3 pd140 to 230-240hp on a dsg box - hybrid turbo, decat downpipe

dont need panel filter, uprated injectors, air filter or uprated intercooler for this

you will need a clutch after a while unless you have a dsg box, but the dsg would benefit from a remap as well to up the torque limiter
    TT-RS 410hp revo
    Fiat 500 1.3 tdi 120hp
    A3 8P 2.0tdi 240hp Autograph Cars
    RS4 B5 520hp MTM
    S3 8L 345hp MTM
    Volvo 850 T5 300hp BSR
    Fiat Punto GT 130hp
    Lancia Delta Turbo 185hp
    Lancia Beta Coupe 122hp
    Mini 74hp

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AidenUK View Post

not to mention head gasket issues. But you can do everything with enough money:]. Had mine remapped and DPF done and to be fair S3 i far better car even in standard form just feels so much more lively and ready to be trashed with all the pops and crazy grip. Diesels always will suffer from narrow rev range where you can play therefore fun is well limited, S3 can rev up to 7k and you enjoy every part of it. Just dont see the point making diesels go extremely fast its not meant to be a sports car in the first place but each to their own. Hope you wont be disappointed.

Now:

/ Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davidrtaylor View Post
    Thanks for the comments!!
    i like the challenge of the diesel over petrol and having already got a diesel why not mod it!!
    the car will be going in today for induction kit, cam belt, turbo clean and 230ish remap.
    on order is hybred turbo, uprated injectors, coil overs and brenbo's. not sure about having head done yet!!
    full body kit will have to wait for a while but a must i think, i want it to look like the club sport but in black!!
    trying to get hold of a S5 leather interior in black but to much at moment.
    who told you ur gona get 230 ish from oem turbo ?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    who told you ur gona get 230 ish from oem turbo ?
    I think someone got overexcited:P 230 with only a remap its not possible unless u have remap +DPF delete can be done with a TDI 170 engine

Now:

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    iv got a 140 passat same engine no dpf decat bigger exhaust and a custom map running 189hp and thats alot for the turbo
    needs hybred to hit 230 but my pals running 260 odd with a hybred but he does do all his own maps

5th Gear

Status
    iv got a 140 passat same engine no dpf decat bigger exhaust and a custom map running 189hp and thats alot for the turbo
    needs hybred to hit 230 but my pals running 260 odd with a hybred but he does do all his own maps
    thats more like it but then turbo lag and massive torque would make it undrivealbe on wet unless its quatrro

Now:

1st Gear

Status
    260bhp out of a diesel? what kind of torque would that push out, i can imagine it been an absoloute shoddy drive

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ColganRaz View Post
    260bhp out of a diesel? what kind of torque would that push out, i can imagine it been an absoloute shoddy drive
    it drives pretty good
    gave me a good run im my stage 3

flying oyster

Status
    i run around 220 with hybrid turbo miltek exhaust custom map
    great fun to drive still manage good economy love the torque
    still good to drive in wet i dont have qauttro either will tune further when bonus arrives
    tune it enjoy it drive it

1st Gear

Status
    it drives pretty good
    gave me a good run im my stage 3
    what the 0-60 any idea ? i would guess around 6.5 secs

i thought the drive would be a case of... foot down down couple of mm , bit of power, put foot down alittle more, all power in. i take it its quattro?

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    fwd no idea on the 0-60 its quick tho

Fossie

Status
    Anyone know what these mods do to the insurance premium ?

Reverse Gear

Status
    yes it sounds like your all right, i have the car back and hes told me any more than 185 and i will be popping turbo, so i will have to wait till the turbo is ordered.
    i have put my order on hold for now till i get to know more about what is required.
    by the way my other car is a A4 3.0T convertable 2002 with no mods (YET)!!!!

i read that the 3.0tdi will fit in the A3 is this true and what needs changing to get it working? may be i will look at fitting one instead of over modding the 2.0tdi!!
    your thoughts??

2nd Gear

Status
    a LSD!!!!
    RedDejavu likes this.
    V8 baby... oh yeah

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin0478 View Post
    LSD!!!!
    I think someone had taken some of that when they told him he would get 230 from stock turbo
    Dicko89 likes this.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    I think someone had taken some of that when they told him he would get 230 from stock turbo
    Either that or had been too close to your cat Nigel.
    SPEC: ebony pearl black ~ auto lights ~ auto wipers ~ half leather/suede interior ~ armrest ~ anti dazzle rear mirrior ~ coming home/ leaving home function.

MODS: flat bottom steering wheel ~ bluetooth ~ cruise control ~ rns-e ~ MY09 rear lights ~ s3 pedals ~ s3 air vents ~ LED interior light pack ~ facelift buttons ~ dension ~ SDS ~ Aliminium inlays ~ full grille conversion.

FUTURE MODS: lower ~ black edition rear ~ s-line/facelift front ~ black headlining ~ BBS CH-R or Speedlines.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by flying oyster View Post
    i have big fun in my tdi car goes like stink for a lowly diesil !
    Especially round the corners with stock suspension and brakes:P.

Now:

flying oyster

Status
    who said i had stock running gear?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BBlackburn View Post
    Either that or had been too close to your cat Nigel.
    She's not alone mate, havnt eaten meat for 2 days, the veg is starting to sink through now lmfao

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by flying oyster View Post
    who said i had stock running gear?
    I just assumed so as 99% people when do engine mods dont care about suspension and brakes at all.You mention no handling mods in your sig so I dont know what you're running. In addition why would you spend 5k on a car that is worth around 10-12k. That money would easily put you in S3 bracket. Thats how I see it.

Cheers!
    Last edited by RedDejavu; 13th January 2012 at 12:59.

Now:

6th Gear

Status
    I had a rolling road print out of my previous A3 mapped up to 190.1BHP, turbo didn't last much longer after that BTW, it was mapped by RS Tuning in Leeds with before map and after map results.

Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    To take this back to the original question. To get 250 bhp + from a BKD PD140 engine you will need Darkside GTB Turbo Kit for 2.0 16V TDI (BKD) - Darkside Developments
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

5th Gear

Status
    i just find people forget about a thing called balance. Especially on the FWD cars...How on earth do you drive it. My 1.8TFSI torque steers alot but im used to a NA car with either low torque but a strong top end or a 4WD turbo ...

Think my torque is around 250-260LBFT (quoted) yet im thinking the dervs with circa 300 must be un driveable in 1st and 2nd....
    RedDejavu likes this.
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

3rd Gear

Status
    Steerings a nightmare cause of the torque in my stock 140 tdi, although the guy i bought it off said it was remapped he didn't have proof so i don't believe him lol
    55' BMW 330Cd M Sport
    The ones that have been left behind:
    • 2004 VW Golf R32
    • 2004 Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport
    • 2000 BMW 318i M Sport
    Private plate for sale: Y 7RYY

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by devonmikeyboy View Post
    To take this back to the original question. To get 250 bhp + from a BKD PD140 engine you will need Darkside GTB Turbo Kit for 2.0 16V TDI (BKD) - Darkside Developments
    you can get to 250hp for a lot less than that kit

:)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by devonmikeyboy View Post
    Genius diesel tuner

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    maybe they are
    but can be had for a lot less £££££££

:)

Status
    maybe they are
    but can be had for a lot less £££££££
    Superb!!!!
    That's wot I like to hear, tell me more