Is this a valid replacement for an A3?

Mark_N

Reaction score
polo.jpg

polo2.jpg

This is what I got from the stealers today. It has replaced my 04 2.0TDI A3 Sport, Superchipped and fully loaded. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

I now have 65bhp to pull me around until tomorrow.

Oh what fun.

[ QUOTE ]
polo.jpg

polo2.jpg

This is what I got from the stealers today. It has replaced my 04 2.0TDI A3 Sport, Superchipped and fully loaded. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

I now have 65bhp to pull me around until tomorrow.

Oh what fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wheelspin city..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

LOL...count yourself lucky Mark claires got an Alto to run around in until they decide what to do about her car!!! It's so bad that she refuses to drive it and I am giving her a lift to work at the moment!

whats that with the steering will spokes looking like blades ,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's for when the embarrassing stares get too much and you want to end it all.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's for when the embarrassing stares get too much and you want to end it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Count yourself lucky. I got a nice Clio diesel before. Anyway, it's only for one day. What happened to your own car? Too many potholes?

You'll find yourself bumping into people you haven't seen for years!

[ QUOTE ]
You'll find yourself bumping into people you haven't seen for years!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Seat was stuck on runners...stuck all the way back as far as seat would go. I could reach everything but it was an uncomfortable stretch.

I have car back now and seat was able to move to where I need it. Waiting on a new seat frame to come in.

The drive home was so nice, putting the boot down and getting that shove in the back again was so good.

Ordered a Votex boot spoiler too, collecting it tomorrow and having it sprayed and fitted Fri and my CHs should be here by end of week too.

it will be nice to see this new look on your car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Seat was stuck on runners...stuck all the way back as far as seat would go. I could reach everything but it was an uncomfortable stretch.

I have car back now and seat was able to move to where I need it. Waiting on a new seat frame to come in.

The drive home was so nice, putting the boot down and getting that shove in the back again was so good.

Ordered a Votex boot spoiler too, collecting it tomorrow and having it sprayed and fitted Fri and my CHs should be here by end of week too.

[/ QUOTE ]

You gettin the votex spoiler in grange/MSL Mark?? How much??

Was thinking of getting one fitted at my first service around June. Might actually get one now if my CC can take it seeing as my car will be in the bodyshop anyway for a new rear bumper after my rear end shunt.

Always changing my mind about getting one depending on what angle I'd see one in pics on the various Audi forums. Saw my first A3(8P) spoiler in the flesh last week on a Red sport with xenons and RS4's (got distracted and didn't get to see the Engine badge). Looked the business. So my minds made up now.

Glad you're going for the Ch's now as that leaves the door open for me to eventually get 18RS6's without feeling like I'm Mod stalking you!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Spoiler, Superchips this Summer, etc etc! Please don't tell me you are getting a phatbox next week, lemme take the lead on something! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Calibos - didn't know you are Irish.

Have a look at www.vage.ie I'm a mod there, plenty of meets going on and lots of banter with the lads.

Getting the spoiler from MSL Pottery Rd. They are usually pricey for things but for spoilers they always seem to be ok.

The S Line one is nearly 400 quid but then the Votex one came up in brochure and the lads said you might as well save money and get the Votex one. It came to 225 plus the Vat.

I'm getting it sprayed Friday and stuck onto the car in Gerry McGuires...near the Schoolhouse Pub. Very expensive but their work is flawless and used them before.

[ QUOTE ]
Calibos - didn't know you are Irish.

Have a look at www.vage.ie I'm a mod there, plenty of meets going on and lots of banter with the lads.

Getting the spoiler from MSL Pottery Rd. They are usually pricey for things but for spoilers they always seem to be ok.

The S Line one is nearly 400 quid but then the Votex one came up in brochure and the lads said you might as well save money and get the Votex one. It came to 225 plus the Vat.

I'm getting it sprayed Friday and stuck onto the car in Gerry McGuires...near the Schoolhouse Pub. Very expensive but their work is flawless and used them before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you bang your head when you were trying to dig out that 10c coin from under your seat the other day!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif:D
PMSL!

Now don't forget mate, its 104FM you work for not 98FM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif:D:D

€225 + Vat ie €272.25??

That doesn't sound too bad!

Course now I'll spent more hours up all night trying to find pictures of both!

The body shop I'm using for the bumper from the rear shunt are Exclusiv Autobody here in Bray (which was handy). They were the guys Brian Geraghty from Grange told me to go to to get my Car transporter caused passenger door gouge sorted the day after I picked the car up. They did a great job on the door but seeing as I didn't have to pay for it I don't know whether they are pricey or not.

Seeing as they'll be sourcing the Bumper from MSL I presume, I might ask them to get me the spoiler too. Might save on the labour and paint cost seeing as they are doing the bumper anyway and the insurance is paying for that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

It would seem the coin was just a coincidence as MSL said the seat had a fault and are getting a new frame. All done free of charge!!

Yep get the spoiler done with rest of car will save in long run.

Gerry McGuires are 240 plus Vat to spray and fit.